• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

It’s possible we don’t really know.

After initially saying masks were not necessary and 2 months later saying ‘wait it turns out masks might be really helpful’ and then having the President and a bunch of Internet forum warriors parade around saying the medical field has no clue, that this is all a hoax, and that masks are communist plot to repress freedom, perhaps medical professionals are being a little more cautious with their uncertainty in public.

Jesus birdman. At least be honest about the real reason to not take the vaccine. Bill effing Gates and his communist tracking device. They will pry into our private lives and take away our freedoms!

Wuhan marks its anniversary with triumph and denial

It’s true they’ve done a much better job containing/controlling the outbreak. And that an effective strategy requires good coordination, vigorous testing and tracing and ability to isolate appropriate people. All of which seems to be more easily accomplished in a society that values collective efforts over (or at least as much as...or willing to be flexible about) individual freedoms.

Just too bad about the tendency to rely upon state-sponsored disinformation, revisionist history, etc.

ETkwZjxX0AYE7SC.jpg

I'm very skeptical about any information coming from the CCP. We know that they misrepresented their numbers that they shared with the world at the start of this pandemic. Now, it appears that they've convinced (threatened?) citizens successfully into blaming someone else for starting this.

Sounds like the state felt compelled to exhaust their supply in order to get more from the federal program and there’s a delay getting them.

Among others logistical problems, the coordination between federal and state governments seems wanting.

It’s going to be a challenge for a while since there’s an overall greater demand than supply. But I think a better coordinated process is possible.

Agree 100% on all points. It’s horrible to force the providers to cancel people’s appointments and send them to the back of the line.

Those whose vaccination appointments are rescheduled will be placed at the top of Cone Health's waiting list and will be notified when their appointments can be fulfilled, the health care system said in a news release Friday afternoon. People with appointments to receive a second dose will receive the vaccine as planned.

Seems a reasonable strategy given the unexpected loss of supply.

I wonder under Trump/Barr how vigorously was that investigated.

Last edited:

Yep. New York should have had police raid the home of a COVID scientist instead.

25,832, by the way. How many poisoning deaths in the past 10 months?

Yep. New York should have had police raid the home of a COVID scientist instead.

Also, I have a hunch that if one looked at nursing home deaths in Florida (or a number of states) they would find that the death totals were significantly higher than has been reported. I seriously doubt this problem is limited to New York, although it's not a good look for Cuomo, no doubt.

You and other Republicans have said for months that the deaths were overreported. Everyone who died was just labeled with Covid to boost the numbers and hurt Trump because, in reality, Covid was no worse than the flu or even the common cold. Yet here you are trying to score a political point because the deaths were actually substantially higher. Republicans don't care about shit except maintaining power and making their fellow non-Republican Americans suffer.

-Reminder that Gov. Cuomo asked for federal assistance, and the Trump administration said, "Let them suffer."

If only they had used more hydroxychloroquine.

I think everyone hates Cuomo, those on the left included (especially?). not really breaking new ground here, bud.

Back