• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Looks like Twitter deleted Trump's ridiculous tweet. Not sure anybody has noticed yet.

These are always good

What the fucking fuck?

Yep, he’s tripling down on his think-positive strategy.

It’s really all he knows.

"In most populations far less lethal" - so what's the difference here donny?

What the fucking fuck?

Not nearly that many people die from the flu. Since 2010, the highest annual flu death toll was 61,000 and the lowest was 12,000.

Honestly if I'm a Republican running in a competitive district I'm distancing myself from Trump and his COVID policy right now. He is self destructing. New CNN poll this morning has him down 16 points nationally to Biden.

Not nearly that many people die from the flu. Since 2010, the highest annual flu death toll was 61,000 and the lowest was 12,000.

And if it were as contagious as covid, far more would die, however it's about 1/3 to 1/4 as contagious. But you know, science, whatever.

Honestly if I'm a Republican running in a competitive district I'm distancing myself from Trump and his COVID policy right now. He is self destructing. New CNN poll this morning has him down 16 points nationally to Biden.

Funny you should say that - the incumbent Republican in my district has been running "one of the most bipartisan members of congress" ads without a single mention of Trump or any of his nutty platforms or talking points.

It’s all so illogical. We have these “draconian” shutdowns and will lose 300k+ in 9 months but he said without taking action we would have lost 2.5m sooooo now we should open back up and lose those 2.5m?

Back