• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Honestly if I'm a Republican running in a competitive district I'm distancing myself from Trump and his COVID policy right now. He is self destructing. New CNN poll this morning has him down 16 points nationally to Biden.

After 2016 I'm not taking anything for granted and won't until Biden has been declared the winner, but it does seem as if the polls are finally starting to tank for him. I think his batshit crazy performance in the first debate - which people aren't forgetting, and I've even heard Trumpites admit that "he didn't do so well" - followed by his batshit crazy behavior after getting covid, may finally have turned the momentum in favor of Biden. Of course we still may have two more debates where Biden could stumble over a word or fact and lead the media and Trumpites to go berserk with the dementia claims, but right now things aren't looking so good for Donnie. His administration is just imploding right before our eyes.

Biden now 82% to win on 538 and Donald with only an 8% chance to win the popular vote (which to me still seems high since he's down roughly 9 points in the average - so even if the polls are off by 5% right now which is a huge margin of error, Donald still needs a big push to get over the threshold)

"learning to live with it" just means accepting that 100s of thousands of people are going to die, not wearing masks and slightly altering our behavior patterns to reduce transmission risk.

Like that utilitarian language is certainly one thing, but the antimask rhetoric is purely about laziness and vanity. What an awful consequence for that. You want to reopen the economy? That’s fine, but masks are a good vehicle to try to do that.

What shitty cabal of scum we have running this country.

Yeah it’s a nice perpetual circle of outrage, fuck you open the economy now or I rage, ok we are opening the economy but for it to work we need modified behaviors and the biggest being wear a mask, Fuck your mask I’m not wearing a mask, ok the economy is slowing and being shutdown because you didn’t wear a mask, fuck you open the economy now.

It’s all so illogical. We have these “draconian” shutdowns and will lose 300k+ in 9 months but he said without taking action we would have lost 2.5m sooooo now we should open back up and lose those 2.5m?

Nah man. All we ever needed to do was (kinda) close the border to China in late March and then develop some medicines. That's it.

I can't get past the horrible graph. Even though they want to communicate that their 14 month plan is much shorter than the typical 73 month plan, the 14 month graph is about 80% the size of the 73 month graph.

too bad your party doesn't care and can't get enough of the guy

LOL - Plenty of bootlickers on both sides of the aisle. Especially the progressives in your party rationalizing their vote for Joe Biden in less than a month.

As I have stated many times now, I did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016 and am not voting for him in 2020.

Yet according to the MENSA members on this board that makes me a 'Trump supporter' and a 'Trump enabler'. Good stuff as usual.

LOL - Plenty of bootlickers on both sides of the aisle. Especially the progressives in your party rationalizing their vote for Joe Biden in less than a month.

As I have stated many times now, I did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016 and am not voting for him in 2020.

Yet according to the MENSA members on this board that makes me a 'Trump supporter' and a 'Trump enabler'. Good stuff as usual.

So how are you rationalizing your vote for Joe Biden in less than a month ?

lol

There is a difference between the more progressive representatives of the democratic party being dragged to the middle in the hopes that their candidate can get elected, and the radical right hijacking the republican party and dragging level headed conservatives off a cliff just to get supreme court justices.

With all of the Trump BS yesterday and today no one is talking about Eric Trump's under oath interview with the NY AG yesterday.

Back