• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

We are approaching the number of combat deaths in the Civil War.

We will almost certainly hit the number of American combat deaths in WW2.

We’ve hit the death toll of Vietnam about 4 times now.

But you know, it’s no big deal because tough guys don’t like masks on their face.

It’s a sad irony that the same pieces of shit who bitch about us getting soft are too fucking delicate to wear a piece of cloth on their face to help save American lives.

Fuck the Republican Party so fucking hard.

Sorry to hear about your dog PH. How old?

5 or 6 year old beagle. We got her in summer 2017.

I was working late Sunday night/Monday morning. Took out the trash at 2:30 am. She was fine. Came back inside at 5:00 am and there was bloody diarreah tracked throughout the house. Wife took her to the emergency vet. They did surgery, gave her a plasma infusion, and some other expensive procedures. Wife went back in the evening to see if she had any life in her. Her eyes were lifeless. Made the decision to put her down at 7:00 pm. Crazy day. Only idea is that it was delayed reaction to a bee sting earlier that day. She liked to chase bees around our lemon tree.

Last edited:
Don’t worry...It’ll end the day after the election. Just ask the fuckers in my office who gave me COVID.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm amazed at the number of people I've heard in person, or seen on social media, saying something similar. They really seem to think that if the "right candidate" wins the election then the coronavirus will go away, as if it's just waiting for the election to make its exit. And it's also disturbing as well as amazing, I should add.

Yeah. It’s nuts. So many people have lost so much really out of nowhere.

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I can’t imagine that and I hope I don’t have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. That’s almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, it’s just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. It’s been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

I’m not a young man and that’s 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And there’s no real end in sight.

For the little ones, this is becoming normal, all they know.

My son turned two last month and has quarantined for almost 30% of his life.

yeah, i'm just glad my 9mo old has no idea what's going on. it's been bad enough on my 4 yr old that when she does "star light, star bright", she wishes coronavirus was over.

yeah, i'm just glad my 9mo old has no idea what's going on. it's been bad enough on my 4 yr old that when she does "star light, star bright", she wishes coronavirus was over.

I don't feel like enough people are talking about the toll on toddlers. Most aren't getting to see friends or go to preschool. They aren't getting the socialization they need of going out in public. So many crucial things they can't do. It's maddening, but we're all just adjusting to this new normal.

My cousin’s 4 year old is terrified. Can’t see friends. Couldn’t see grandparents for the longest time. All the masking up and washing hands and avoiding people.

5 or 6 year old beagle. We got her in summer 2017.

I was working late Sunday night/Monday morning. Took out the trash at 2:30 am. She was fine. Came back inside at 5:00 am and there was bloody diarreah tracked throughout the house. Wife took her to the emergency vet. They did surgery, gave her a plasma infusion, and some other expensive procedures. Wife went back in the evening to see if she had any life in her. Her eyes were lifeless. Made the decision to put her down at 7:00 pm. Crazy day. Only idea is that it was delayed reaction to a bee sting earlier that day. She liked to chase bees around our lemon tree.

Geez man that must’ve been traumatic. As a dog lover, that hurts my heart.

I don't feel like enough people are talking about the toll on toddlers. Most aren't getting to see friends or go to preschool. They aren't getting the socialization they need of going out in public. So many crucial things they can't do. It's maddening, but we're all just adjusting to this new normal.

A number of my friends with teenage kids have said that many of them hate remote learning now. They liked it at first, as they could stay at home, but they quickly grew bored and restless and wanted to go out with friends. Many of them last year missed things like the prom and graduation. They've said that many of their kids now want to go back to school just to be around people their age and get back into a normal routine. I know that not every kid feels that way, but I keep reading that this pandemic will accelerate the trend of more and more people taking classes online and lead to a decline in brick-and-mortar schools, but in the case of teens and college-age students I'm not so sure. It may end up doing just the opposite.

I think that's wishful thinking from the people who have been hyping up online education for the last two decades. Teachers generally don't like it. Students generally don't like it. Parents don't like it.

Good thing American society already produces so many stable individuals, certainly no future problems will ever be traced back to a toddlers underdevelopment.

Damn PH, I’m really sorry about your dog. Sudden deaths are very difficult.

Back