• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

To get non-political:

I feel like people are still doing a good job with masks and distancing in Massachusetts but with businesses continuing to open people are letting their guard down a lot more. I think it gets bad in a couple weeks when outdoor dining is no longer so common and people start hanging out indoors.

To get non-political:

Yep. I rarely - if ever - post personal stuff on these boards but my entire family including my kids (MA residents) has been “battling” covid for the past week and a half. Fortunately we’ve all had really mild cases and are pretty much back to normal except for loss of smell. But there is definitely a surge happening in the northeast with kids back in school and people letting their guard down.

To everyone - wear a mask and don’t take unnecessary risks (especially indoors...that’s what got one person who lives with us and then she spread it to the rest of us).

I’ll also add: thank god we all handled it really well from a health standpoint. But good god, the emotional toll on our family has been the worst part...having to notify everyone you’ve been socializing with or close to, pulling your young son out of school/sports, telling work, etc. Not a fun time.

Oh man, I'm sorry for all you and your family have been through. Good to hear things are largely back to normal, hopefully that continues.

Stupid virus.

Trump campaign adviser accuses Biden of using masks as a 'prop'

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...dviser-accuses-biden-of-using-masks-as-a-prop

A very small part of me worried Trump and his band of dipshit warriors might learn something from the past 3-4 days, start taking Covid19 seriously and then a certain slice of the electorate would sympathize with him.

Then I read comments like the one above and...nope these people are incapable of learning from anything.

Glad, y'all's rona experiences weren't that bad, NED. My niece and her entire college lax team got it, and only 1 player experienced bad symptoms. She just lost taste and smell for a while and had a cough for a couple days - kinda what you'd expect from college athletes.

D.O.s are doctors. There is a lot of bullshit going on with Trump without throwing D.O.s under the bus too.

No they aren’t.

In general, people go to DO school because they can't get in to MD schools. Obviously there are some exceptions, but that's typically why someone goes to DO school. That being said, the DO and MD training programs are similar (though DOs also teach osteopathic manipulation), and for the most part DOs can go to MD residencies.

Trump only surrounds himself with "yes men." Instead of choosing the best and the brightest, he chooses those that he thinks will be loyal to him and is opinions, so he ends up choosing a lot of questionable individuals.

It's interesting that Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine. I guess he gave up on that idea but forgot to tell his supporters?

Obviously the medical community mainly moved on from hydroxychloroquine months ago (because there is no evidence that it works), but there are still studies being completed and published. Last week a study came out in Lancet Rheumatology that looked at 30,000 patients with rheumatologic disease - 10,000 on hydroxychloroquine for their rheumatologic disease and 20,000 not on hydroxychloroquine. The percent that became infected with COVID did not differ between the two groups. A randomized trial also came out in JAMA last week looking at hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic medication in healthcare workers, and no benefit was detected.

It's like calling Wake and Bake a Deac and not the Public School Filth that he truly is.

Back