• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I wonder if one of the frequent thoughts that run through his pea brain is "What would Putin do in this situation?" and then he does it. He's probably got a poster of Putin somewhere in one of his penthouses.

COVID Thread 2: Thank You for Standing Outside my Hospital! (Super Political!!!)

Susan Collins believes he has learned his lesson.

It’s hard to care about these people if they don’t care about themselves.

I mean, walking up some stairs is more physical activity than he was used to pre-COVID. Not terribly surprised he's out of breath.

I heard somebody at work a couple of weeks ago (middle-aged woman) say that she felt the coronavirus will "ease off after the election", but she wasn't sure which candidate needed to win for that happen. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the virus doesn't care if Trump or Biden are in the WH, and will continue after the election no matter who wins. The conspiracy bug runs very deep in our society, no doubt. It really says something about a lot of Americans that they seem to think an election will take care of the pandemic one way or another.

Lots of magical thinking in America

https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/magical-thinking-vs-scientific-thinking-593040ac7231

I don’t know if that’s magical thinking. I think it’s lack of understanding about politics one way or the other. This person could be a conservative who thinks coronavirus is a hoax hyped up by the election. They could be liberal who thinks the impact of voting against Republicans will take place immediately as opposed months later after Biden takes office and Dems at different levels draft legislation or executive orders.

Just found out that my grandmas nursing home in Kentucky currently has 24 cases, and is in complete lock down.

I heard somebody at work a couple of weeks ago (middle-aged woman) say that she felt the coronavirus will "ease off after the election", but she wasn't sure which candidate needed to win for that happen. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the virus doesn't care if Trump or Biden are in the WH, and will continue after the election no matter who wins. The conspiracy bug runs very deep in our society, no doubt. It really says something about a lot of Americans that they seem to think an election will take care of the pandemic one way or another.

Most of the major issues we wrestle with as a society can be traced back to us being generally a bunch big dumb fucking idiots.

My big wet President breathing completely normally

We'll know exactly when he's actually feeling better.... he'll be playing Golf

Back