• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Anyone know if there are any places available for rent in Sitka, Alaska?

Texas gets rid of their mask mandate.

Texas gets rid of their mask mandate.

92a84922-c4e7-4457-b607-b1f1bd222d1b.jpg

Biden said that every American adult who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the end of May. That's up from his last statement saying by July.

Biden said that every American adult who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the end of May. That's up from his last statement saying by July.

That's ambitious given a) we don't know yet how many people will decline the J&J in favor of the other vaxxes and b) that is anticipating zero supply chain issues with imports of materials needed. There is currently a massive bottleneck with our West coast ports that could wreck a lot of plans if it gets much worse.

That's ambitious given a) we don't know yet how many people will decline the J&J in favor of the other vaxxes and b) that is anticipating zero supply chain issues with imports of materials needed. There is currently a massive bottleneck with our West coast ports that could wreck a lot of plans if it gets much worse.

Does (a) really impact whether every American adult who wants a vaccine will be able to get one? If you turn down the J&J, you were able to get a vaccine, just not the one you wanted.

My anecdotal experience has been that a lot of people are excited about the single shot option.

This is beginning to read like a Deacman thread.

thought about coming at you with a turftoega comment, but elected against it

Biden's proclamation makes sense from a delivery standpoint - it's consistent with the Bloomberg article from last week

U.S. has delivered almost 3 million shots per day and administered almost 2 million shots per day over the past week, and that's with one day of J&J deliveries.

U.S. will not need AstraZeneca to vaccinate all adults

My anecdotal experience has been that a lot of people are excited about the single shot option.

Yeah. Some of the hesitancy is about just having to get a shot twice. Also addressing the supply issue will increase demand by making it easier to just show up and get the shot.

Being optimistic is good for the administration. Going from 100M shots in 100 days to whoever can get one will get one a month later is a huge jump.

Last edited:
The bottleneck of the future will continue to be the ability to get the shot in people’s arm. I assume the next relief bill will address some of this, where money is need to get sites up and running or expanded. However the planning and training needs to start now so it’s ready when supply is there.

The bottleneck of the future will continue to be the ability to get the shot in people’s arm. I assume the next relief bill will address some of this, where money is need to get sites up and running or expanded. However the planning and training needs to start now so it’s ready when supply is there.

Yeah our HR director was on a call with a local hospital system today and they said while the supply will be there by May at the current rate July 4th is a more realistic timeline for everyone in Western NC getting one.

What a woman. Wow. She's the best of us.

Dolly really is a national treasure.

I just have so little respect for anyone, unless they have serious medical complications, who declines the vaccine right now. Stop being such a selfish prick.

Dolly really is a national treasure.

I just have so little respect for anyone, unless they have serious medical complications, who declines the vaccine right now. Stop being such a selfish prick.

they probably won't be wearing a mask, so keep your distance

Back