• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Maybe this goes here:

Just got the Pfizer vaccine at a local FEMA site. It opened on Wednesday and announced for teachers but my wife and I could get in as professors.

In other COVID related news, the South Park vaccine special drops on Wednesday.

Just got the Pfizer vaccine at a local FEMA site. It opened on Wednesday and announced for teachers but my wife and I could get in as professors.

In other COVID related news, the South Park vaccine special drops on Wednesday.

At this point, if they aren’t going to follow the published criteria, they should just open it up to everyone.

At the site, they ask if you’re an educator. I’m an educator. It’s a gray area. I would expect reporting to indicate this soon.

Professors are teachers and arguably at more risk than elementary school teachers.

Are you saying college students might party with other college students even when they aren't supposed to?

We’ve got a thread in the Pit complaining that Universities are ripping off students by offering on line classes and here we are complaining that professors are going out and getting the vaccine.

The FEMA site was extremely well organized. It took about 30 minutes from arrival to shot.

However, we have a supply problem right now. I want every 65+ year old and the people that have to treat them to get the shot first. That process has not played out yet. Teachers should not jump in line ahead of people who have a higher risk of death.

phase 1b just opened up and I got my jab on a nascar track. glad I can now continue to do my work in grocery stores with a little dumbass insurance

bill gates is annoying AF now tho.

Congrats on getting the vaccine. I'm glad we now apparently have every 65+ person vaccinated.

Not that guidelines are really being followed but I do like all the butthurt from people who think they are special and have very important jobs only to realize that their mid level executive job at a company that really doesn’t do anything doesn’t rise to the level of importance to receive a vaccine. It’s like the financial lobby that when the guidelines were being written trying to argue finance bros were essential, not just those that work in banks as bank tellers and such.

My belief that the rules need to be followed waned strongly when they added smokers to an early group.

I’m all for following good rules but the Public university professor situation in Florida is dumb. They forced programs to offer as many in person credit hours this semester as they did last spring, before Covid hit, but offered few if any extra protections or precautions in the class room. Now they went and left college professors off the priority list when they expanded the eligibility requirements to K-12 teachers. It’s total bullshit to force these people into risky situations then exclude them from the vaccination line.

At the site, they ask if you’re an educator. I’m an educator. It’s a gray area. I would expect reporting to indicate this soon.

I mean, a 15 second google search will tell you it’s supposed to be limited to K-12 teachers.

One of our daughters got the J&J shot yesterday - slight headache, a little nausea, and some fatigue, but she's back to normal today.

I mean, a 15 second google search will tell you it’s supposed to be limited to K-12 teachers.

And showing up told me it includes all educators. I showed my license and employee ID 3 or 4 times. Clearly that’s the actual policy.

ezgif-570794118.gif

Should have done a points system designated off of a three criteria risk assessment of age, comorbidities, and likelihood of exposure. Total of your points classifies you when you can receive the vaccine. Instead we went completely political and every state do whatever, which means things like one state professors another state fuck liberal professors.

Really now that we have moved away from age and comorbidities and somehow trying to classify jobs as essential the sentences of, I am required to go to work everyday to complete my job and am exposed to others daily or if my job did not exist for the past year it is a huge detriment to society and my job needs to return to normal ASAP should apply, if not SHAME! SHAME!

Should have done a points system designated off of a three criteria risk assessment of age, comorbidities, and likelihood of exposure. Total of your points classifies you when you can receive the vaccine. Instead we went completely political and every state do whatever, which means things like one state professors another state fuck liberal professors.

Really now that we have moved away from age and comorbidities and somehow trying to classify jobs as essential the sentences of, I am required to go to work everyday to complete my job and am exposed to others daily or if my job did not exist for the past year it is a huge detriment to society and my job needs to return to normal ASAP should apply, if not SHAME! SHAME!

The most effective approach would be to vaccinate potential super-spreaders first, but obviously no one would go for that. The most enforceable approach would be strictly age-based, but that also has issues. So, we have what we have. The key now is to vaccinate as many and as quickly as possible. Glad to hear Ph got his shot.

The most effective approach would have been to purchase enough vaccine from the beginning that supply wouldn't be such a problem and set up an efficient distribution system. Do an interim period of a month for people 65+ and medical/health care workers. Then open it up to everyone.

From what I've heard at this site, there are 2000 Pfizer vaccines per day and then the rest are J&J.

Back