• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

4 years ago I worried that electing Trump would kill us all. But I really thought those closest to him would be among the last to go.

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/when-did-covid-hit-earliest-death/?mod=hp_lead_pos5

Behind a paywall probably. Takeaway is that scientists are sure that Covid was widely spreading within the US by the end of January. A significant portion originated in Europe and was then spread around by intra-US travel. The science and graphics in the article are interesting by themselves. Posting on the politics board to make the point that the much-ballyhooed China travel ban on February 2 was entirely ineffective. Source: notorious liberal rag the Wall Street Journal.

Yep. It’s fine for the president to get cutting edge treatment. It’s not fine to brag about it and use it as a reason why 210K deaths are no big deal.

Every once in a while it dawns in me the sheer magnitude of this pandemic. 210000 people is a lot of dead people in 7 months.

Completely cured

Can anyone explain why discussing the forest fires at such great lengths is such a key theme in his public comments?

Can anyone explain why discussing the forest fires at such great lengths is such a key theme in his public comments?

1. It affects Democrat run California.
2. He thinks he understands it and believes there is a simple solution.

Because forest management is the answer to all the symptoms of what the liberals call "climate change."

Every once in a while it dawns in me the sheer magnitude of this pandemic. 210000 people is a lot of dead people in 7 months.

Yeah. It’s nuts. So many people have lost so much really out of nowhere.

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I can’t imagine that and I hope I don’t have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. That’s almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, it’s just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. It’s been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

I’m not a young man and that’s 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And there’s no real end in sight.

For the little ones, this is becoming normal, all they know.

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I can’t imagine that and I hope I don’t have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. That’s almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, it’s just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. It’s been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

I’m not a young man and that’s 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And there’s no real end in sight.

We lost the number of people as 9/11 70 times.

Don’t worry...It’ll end the day after the election. Just ask the fuckers in my office who gave me COVID.

Back