• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I go back to about 6 months ago where I said the worst thing that could happen would be a narcissist like him getting it and recovering, because then he won't be personally afraid at all. Let it sweep through the country so people can return to eating indoors at his golf clubs.

I mean there was never going to be self-reflection about how he was wrong and there certainly wouldnt be about how he has access to the best medicine, doctors, and facilities at no cost while many Americans don't have that luxury.

Oh well this should be lovely

He really is insane. Not just a clown or stupid or ignorant and selfish and all the rest, but he truly is batshit crazy. I'm sure we'll all have fun for the rest of the campaign listening to him brag about how he just wrestled that virus right to the ground and beat the hell out of it, and let's just open up everything so we can all do the same. It's Alice in Wonderland time.

I'll bet a bajillion dollars that he's readmitted by the end of the week.

You would really make that bet? You have no solid data to go with either direction from he is really sick to he was never even infected, plus the guy would probably rather die then get admitted again.

Certainly possible he deteriorates and gets readmitted.

But hardly certain.

His allegedly fleeting slightly low oxygen levels sounds like cover for justifying dexamethasone therapy.

I don’t think he’s been very ill so far.

Trumps response reminds me of how great my dad felt after he took a course of doxycycline for Lyme disease. Turns out that old people have a lot of inflammation and feel great when said inflammation is suppressed.

The attempt to justify the limousine trip yesterday was...woefully inadequate.

Because there’s no justifying it.

Saw that the cheering group of supporters was hastily organized by the Maryland GOP.

a3c3c5ec99295ec6c6d7771d98153b5b.jpg

At the request of the Trump campaign, no less.

I go back to about 6 months ago where I said the worst thing that could happen would be a narcissist like him getting it and recovering, because then he won't be personally afraid at all. Let it sweep through the country so people can return to eating indoors at his golf clubs.

I remember when you wrote that and thinking you were right. Turns out, you nailed it.

I'm starting to get tired of hearing folks in my office claim that "COVID will disappear after the election"...If I've heard it once I've heard it 50 times over the past month

I'm starting to get tired of hearing folks in my office claim that "COVID will disappear after the election"...If I've heard it once I've heard it 50 times over the past month

I think that's how right-leaning people think politics works. Ebola "disappeared." The caravans "disappeared." They think everything is a game to get people out of office because conservatives treat everything like a game to attack their political opponents.

Oh well this should be lovely

Fuck this guy so hard. How many more people are going to die because this asshole says don't be afraid.

Yeah after the election and a Biden win I could see a bunch of republican states and followers being all about shutting things down to own the libs like it would be some big triumph and liberals saying oh no don't shut things down and protect people from dying, next thing you will do is wear masks.

Back