• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

It is equally infuriating that the chicken littles, fear mongers, media circus performers, and label-any-rational-thinking-not-concluding-with-we're-all-gonna-die-as-anti-science WFH elite of this country have led us down this path. Like months ago, when this first started

We're all gonna die unless all kids stop going to school, nobody goes to work except essentials, everyone stays 6 feet apart, we tank the economy, we force millions of people onto unemployment, and you hoard all the sanitizer you can find! And wear gloves everywhere! But you don't need to wear masks!
Okay, got it, let's shut everything down for 2 months.
It's not working even after 2 months, too many asymptomatic people, we're all gonna die!
That doesn't make any sense. And your math doesn't work given the number of people you deemed essential and left roaming around.
Anti-science fools, math isn't a part of science, we're all gonna die!
It seems to hit those with other risk factors much higher, maybe some of those folks should use this shutdown to reduce those risk factors and try to get healthy to fend it off if they get it?
Idiots, that part of science is not part of science! You need to follow the science! We need a vaccine! Wait for the Memorial Day death surge, you're gonna die!
Nope, still here
Wait for the July 4 death surge, you're gonna die!
Nope, still here
Don't go on vacation, you're gonna die!
Nope, still here. It was a nice vacation though. How was your basement?
We're all gonna die unless you wear a mask!
Okay, no prob if you say so, on goes the mask
Despite you following our recommended shutdown and mask wearing for several months straight, our recommendations didn't work, and we don't know why other than to claim you didn't follow them. Get ready for the back to school death surge!
Nope, still here.
Look at all those college kids who got it!
Did they die? Are they okay?
No, they didn't die and yes they are fine. But we're all gonna die! Wait for the Labor Day death surge!
Nope, still here. Actual deaths as a percentage of cases have gone down, it seems to still mostly hit those with underlying conditions, same as when it started. BTW, had dude with underlying conditions followed that part of science and started working on them back when this started in March, he could have dropped 30 lbs and eliminated a lot of his risk by now.
Fools! Why would he do that when he could sit around following the other part of science and waiting for it to solve his problems for him? You're gonna die!
The math does not support that conclusion given the number of asymptomatic carriers.
Yeah but you don't want this, it feels like the plague!
I had it, it felt like a mild cold for 2 days, not even worthy of breaking out the NyQuil.
Just wait for winter, when everyone is inside and it'll spread! You're gonna die!
You mean like a southern summer, when everyone is inside in the AC?
Yes but no, ignore those months, this time you're gonna die!
Okay man, you're the #expert.

Ladies and gentlemen, satire is alive and well. Good one 2&2. This is like a Blaire Erskine tweet. Michael Moore would definitely fall for this one too.

The hardest part for me during all of this was not when my wife and I caught COVID, it was watching my MIL for 3 months being emotionally torn apart and not being able to visit her mom who shortly thereafter passed away.

Have you thought about those people 2&2?

Unless 2&2 is your MIL, of course he hasn’t thought about those people.

The hardest part for me during all of this was not when my wife and I caught COVID, it was watching my MIL for 3 months being emotionally torn apart and not being able to visit her mom who shortly thereafter passed away.

Have you thought about those people 2&2?

What about women giving birth who have always dreamed of having an important couple of people in the delivery room with them but not allowed?

We can go on and on about the actual sadness that this has caused people. But let's just focus on your inconveniences.

Maybe those women should have thought of that before they decided to have a baby solely to milk 2&2 for maternity leave and then quit.

Donald Trump, Jr. said this gem on Ingraham on Fox last night: “If you look — I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago ’cause I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections...But I was like, ‘Why aren’t they talking about deaths? Oh, oh, because the number is almost nothing." A thousand people died from COVID yesterday, and about a thousand will die today.

Donald, Jr. also inaccurately claimed that “We’ve gotten control of this thing...We understand how it works, they have the therapeutics to be able to deal with this. If you look at that — look at my Instagram — it’s gone to almost nothing. We’re outperforming Europe in a positive way, so well because we’ve gotten ahold of this.” The articles notes that he said this "despite mounting evidence to the contrary, like the U.S. setting a record for new cases in a single day on the very same day. Not to mention things have gotten so bad in El Paso, Texas, that the city just ordered a two-week shutdown of non-essential services, and Wisconsin is now running low on available ICU beds." Looks like living in a world of alternate facts costs a high price sometimes.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-jr-claims-us-covid-deaths-are-almost-nothing-day-over-1000-people-die-072108981.html

Anybody else get the feeling that the election is actually throttling the panic we should be experiecing right about now?

I feel like Governors on both sides of the aisle are going to have a massive mess to clean up after November 3rd... Mostly because of the way the 'waves' and re-openings lined up with this election cycle.

A majority of states should probably be under some form of stay-at-home order (and, all states should have a mask mandate in effect).

I really, truly, deeply have avoided political spin on virus numbers. What is happening right now is bad. To say the least.

Anybody else get the feeling that the election is actually throttling the panic we should be experiecing right about now?

I feel like Governors on both sides of the aisle are going to have a massive mess to clean up after November 3rd... Mostly because of the way the 'waves' and re-openings lined up with this election cycle.

A majority of states should probably be under some form of stay-at-home order (and, all states should have a mask mandate in effect).

I really, truly, deeply have avoided political spin on virus numbers. What is happening right now is bad. To say the least.

And to bring politics into this, if Biden does win the election there is no doubt that the GOP and Fox and other right-wing media will immediately shift to blaming him and all LibDems for the pandemic, shutdown, covid surge - everything. It will be as if President Donald Trump never existed, and the Libs have been running the country for the past year. Just wait.

And to bring politics into this, if Biden does win the election there is no doubt that the GOP and Fox and other right-wing media will immediately shift to blaming him and all LibDems for the pandemic, shutdown, covid surge - everything. It will be as if President Donald Trump never existed, and the Libs have been running the country for the past year. Just wait.

God damn mayors.

Comparing a South Korean response v a US response is about as asine as it gets.

Apparently Laura Ingraham showed up for a Trump rally wearing a mask and Trump actually made fun of her for wearing it in front of the crowd. I'm sure she really appreciated that, and being ridiculed on social and mainstream news media for letting Don, Jr. go off on his insane rant on her show this past week about the number of covid deaths dropping to "almost nothing" and claiming that his dad's administration now has the pandemic under control. Oh well, she still gets that fat paycheck from Fox, so all is good in Eva Braun world.

Last edited:
Comparing a South Korean response v a US response is about as asine as it gets.

Because facts make my feewings all hurty that I voted for him and his incompetence last time and that contributed to 229000 people dying. I'm complicit and using lib tears and fake scare tactics to justify doing it all over despite the long term consequences to my grandchildren.

To be fair, the way the US population is distributed is much different than that of South Korea. The higher population density of South Korea makes it much tougher to implement proper quarantine regiments and... oh, wait...

In actuality, one of the main reasons that things went so smoothly in South Korea is because you didn't have a bunch of assholes complaining about their personal rights being violated by masks and social distancing instead of following basic common sense protocols for the greater good.

Last edited:
Back