• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anyone laying bets on the Division Series?

Disagree - think it was all done by design and made sense to me. Happ has had a hot hand over the past month. Put Deivi in there to get an inning but the Rays don't know that - they go ahead and put five lefties in their lineup. Boone figures this and knows Happ is coming in for the 2nd, so in theory its advantage Happ.

I actually didn't mind the move outside the strategy. Deivi didn't have his fastball going again tonight. Reminded me a lot of the start against Boston (where he was on the bump owned by his idol). Think he got a little too nervous/excited and didn't look as sharp.

Really? So how did it work out? Not good. Yankee game isn't about strategy. It's about decent starting pitching and bang, bang offense.
You wasted two starting pitchers in one game and Happ is a habit pitcher not use to coming in the 2nd inning.
Granted they had their chances later in the game but everyone knows. With the weak Yankee relief pitching, you don't win games where the starting pitching doesn't go at least 6 innings.
The Boone/Cashman move doomed them out of the gate.

Really? So how did it work out? Not good. Yankee game isn't about strategy. It's about decent starting pitching and bang, bang offense.
You wasted two starting pitchers in one game and Happ is a habit pitcher not use to coming in the 2nd inning.
Granted they had their chances later in the game but everyone knows. With the weak Yankee relief pitching, you don't win games where the starting pitching doesn't go at least 6 innings.
The Boone/Cashman move doomed them out of the gate.

Agree that it didn't work out but I still would go with it. Using Deivi wasn't a waste - he can start a Game 4 - basically yesterday was his bullpen. As for Happ, he warmed up as normal during the first, then came to the dugout after the bottom of the First, which is still routine for a starter.

As for Yankee starting pitching, I've got my faith back in Loasiaga and Holder. Ottavino, no. Still, you get through five and use a combo of Lossy, Holder, Green and Chapman (saving Britton) and that would get things done.

Tonight Tanaka needs to get at least six though. Full bullpen is available. Charlie Morton has been average at best in September and hasn't pitched in 12 days.

How about those Yankees? Even I, a 60 year Bomber fan didn’t think they had it in them.

Sets up a hell of a match up tomorrow night.

How about those Yankees? Even I, a 60 year Bomber fan didn’t think they had it in them.

Sets up a hell of a match up tomorrow night.

Montgomery pitched a hell of a lot better than I was expecting, especially since he got absolutely lit up a month ago against Tampa at Yankee Stadium. Bullpen did their job.

If you want to call Voit's home run 453 feet tonight that, then you can't call Stanton's moonshot the other night was only 457...

Cole going for the first time on three days rest tomorrow, but Glasnow is going for Tampa on two days rest. Really the only people I'd say on the Yankees that are unavailable are Happ, Tanaka and maybe Green after two nights in a row (and going two tonight) - sounds like everyone except Morton might be available for Tampa.

Weather in San Diego tomorrow looks like it will be about the same as it was tonight, which benefits the pitchers in that ballpark.

Back