• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Sage hurt his draft status?

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Saw an article that said his brother is playing himself into the first round of the draft. Had Sage hurt his status?

no, but his brother will always have this over him for the rest of their lives. "Hey Sage, remember back in in 2020 when you sat out and I made first team All conference because I sure do."

I think it’s too early to say for sure, but it’s possible he made a miscalculation.

no, but his brother will always have this over him for the rest of their lives. "Hey Sage, remember back in in 2020 when you sat out and I made first team All conference because I sure do."

Hope not for injury but it could also be "yeah, but sorry you got got hurt in that meaningless bowl game after losing to Wake when UNC's season spiralled down.

His combine results and Wake workout day will be extremely important. He also might consider playing in Mobile Senior Bowl.

With so many of his teammates grinding it out - like Boogie - I am not sure I understand why he opted out....especially, while his brother still plays. I think this is a legitimate question, while other WR's show off their skills. Why did he opt out?

He has plenty of great tape from last year. Who knows how he and Sam would mesh. His workouts and Pro Day will mean more than this season would.

Nobody at this point knows the long term effects of COVID.

If I were projected anywhere in the first 5 rounds I don’t think I would play.

Tough to say. Don’t want to say it out loud, but Boogie isn’t exactly lighting it up this year. That said we’re going to be in a ton of shootouts this year and Sage could have put up big numbers for sure.

He risked being labeled injury prone with a potential injury this season. No season-ending injury last year and he probably plays this year.

I would have loved for him to play. But his draft status is going to be impacted by the 4.7 he runs, not whether he played this season.

I think now he risks a little “out of sight out of mind”. Same with Newman. Stetson Bennet might end up with better NFL stats...

He has plenty of great tape from last year. Who knows how he and Sam would mesh. His workouts and Pro Day will mean more than this season would.

Nobody at this point knows the long term effects of COVID.

If I were projected anywhere in the first 5 rounds I don’t think I would play.

UncommonUnlinedKagu-size_restricted.gif

Walter Football has Sage as the number 36 receiver and projected to go in round 5-7. He's behind Newsome from UNC, who is playing right now and who Sage was better than last season. The pro day and combine will be huge, of course. I still think sitting out was a bad move.

He's entitled to do what he thinks is right for him, but he hasn't "helped" his draft status. Now nobody knows how he'll actually be after his injury. He may be healthy enough to do a pro day, if there is one.. Getting into the NFL is not guaranteed, even if Covid is your reason to skip the season. Nobody in the NFL will give you a gold star for that. Good luck to him.

I would have loved for him to play. But his draft status is going to be impacted by the 4.7 he runs, not whether he played this season.

Actually, I think it’s the opposite. He was going to run the same 40 no matter what, but if he had played he could have put up massive numbers and moved himself up the draft board.

It’s similar to the Dortch argument a few years back, where some said “he isn’t getting any taller.” Of course not, that’s why he needed the good stats to boost his draft status.

I would assume he is working on his speed. I bet he runs a sub 4.5 40. He reminds me of a smaller Tony Gonzalez

Back