• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Basketball Season - "Experts" Think We Suck

I join in the starvation for mere respectability. WF appears to be moving in the right direction IF one game is an indicator.

Steve Forbes is the reason. It’s been thirteen years since Wake Forest had a basketball coach who merited the job. His promise is undeniable.

again, your obsession with Dino is bs. He does not deserve to be lumped in with the other two.

He wasn’t as bad as the other two but he also wasn’t a good head coach.

two different statements. Lumping them together actually lifts those clowns since his record was the exact opposite (60+% win vs loss percentage).

As has been discussed ad nauseum he was far better than those clowns but not the long term answer as the head coach of a team wanting to make noise in the post season. Not worth another discussion.

Seems like a mighty short timeline for that determination, which is notably Ph-unlike. Is there info you can share?

two different statements. Lumping them together actually lifts those clowns since his record was the exact opposite (60+% win vs loss percentage).

As has been discussed ad nauseum he was far better than those clowns but not the long term answer as the head coach of a team wanting to make noise in the post season. Not worth another discussion.

So he didn’t warrant the job. That’s what he said.

1976, I’m not sure what you mean.

So he didn’t warrant the job. That’s what he said.

1976, I’m not sure what you mean.

How many years was he a head coach for Wake, including a modestly high team ranking, to be judged as a head coach? I don’t even like the guy - I always thought he came across as an ass - and I’m a huge Bones fan, but I don’t remember too many top five rankings under Bones. I’m assuming you have info I don’t have?

You want me to rehash Dino takes from 10+ years ago? He wasn’t a good coach especially in the post season. We couldn’t do much worse yet we managed to do it twice. Dino coached four guys who are still in the NBA and couldn’t get much done.

Now we have Forbes. He had a good track record as a head coach coming into Wake, something only Skip had among coaches in my memory.

also going a lot time without getting another coaching job and landing as an assistant when the job came says a lot about Dino to me

I know there are statistical anomalies, but a halfway decent coach doesn't lose to Cleveland State when you have a starting 5 with 4 legitimate career NBA players and a bunch of solid role players. Dino was a good guy, for the most part, but he was not a good floor coach. He was a step above our previous 2, though

Anyways, I'm just glad we can put all these debates to rest because we have a future hall of famer in STEVE MOTHERFUCKING FORBES

The past three Wake head coaches could not sniff a major college coaching job now or in the foreseeable future. Dino didn’t get the job on merit, he got it because someone died. Forbes actually merits the job. It’s my sole point. How refreshing Wake hasn’t hired a total loser.

again, your obsession with Dino is bs. He does not deserve to be lumped in with the other two.

You have me confused with someone else. I am not obsessed with Dino. Dino marks a weird turn in Wake athletics to me. I don’t hate the guy at all, the way he stepped in for Skip was laudable, but he never earned the job. Wellman ruined the program beginning with Dino so it’s nice to see all that shit swept aside and out. I’m very thankful for Forbes and that Wellman is no longer at WF.

Mercer is up 14 at GT. We are not going to finish last in the ACC.

Mercer is up 14 at GT. We are not going to finish last in the ACC.

I agree with you, but we will need to beat GT. We seem to always find a way to lose badly to the Jackets, particularly in the games played in Atlanta.

According to my boy who coaches at Catawba, we just added a game against them for next Sunday. Seems odd.

According to my boy who coaches at Catawba, we just added a game against them for next Sunday. Seems odd.

Wake lost a game with Alabama State. I would surmise Forbes wants as many tune-up games as he can get before playing Virginia.

Back