• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Basketball Season - "Experts" Think We Suck

Massoud might start but Dubose will most likely be our leading scorer...And you gotta wonder if Williamson would've followed Forbes to Wake if he wasn't going to start. You have to start Neath and Mucius obviously.

Forbes has been willing to regularly play 9 even 10 guys in the past. Without a small group of standouts, but a large number of similarly talented players, would think that Forbes will have a deep rotation and try to wear teams down.

I think we are going to be better than people think. Agreed that we will be able to wear some teams down. Having guys like Johnson, Antonio and Wilkins coming off the bench is solid. Some veteran leadership and guys who can knock down the 3 ball. Looking forward to the season.

Excited to see Daivien play. A bit undersized for the ACC but obviously a guy who can ball and has played on teams that have won a ton of games. Really looking forward to seeing this team play under Forbes. Talent may not be there yet but like others expecting the difference to be evident immediately.

get the sense that defense and defensive effort will drive the minutes allocation more than the past ten decades

will be interesting to see who responds to Forbes' style

get the sense that defense and defensive effort will drive the minutes allocation more than the past ten decades

will be interesting to see who responds to Forbes' style

Not so sure about 10 decades. 10+ years at least I'll give you.

I think Odom would have been happy with some 2-0 and 4-2 victories.

I don't care about the wins and losses this year. What I DO plan to see and enjoy is player development and the progressive improvement of the team over the next 4-5 months. I haven't seen player or team development in 10+ years. Just a bunch of guys running around jacking up three's and not playing defense.

So, I'm interested in watching the fundamentals improve. Forbes has inherited a complete disaster. It will take a few years.

I don't care about the wins and losses this year. What I DO plan to see and enjoy is player development and the progressive improvement of the team over the next 4-5 months. I haven't seen player or team development in 10+ years. Just a bunch of guys running around jacking up three's and not playing defense.

So, I'm interested in watching the fundamentals improve. Forbes has inherited a complete disaster. It will take a few years.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Let's hope we see more than one step this season.

We will suck. Hoping for a few bright spots & to see Forbes laying a foundation. Thank goodness Manning is gone. Unbelievable he lasted so long.

Yes, but we will do so with a future now to look to.

It's hard for these people to quantify just how bad a coach Danny Manning was/is. My guess is he never gets offered another gig.

It's hard for these people to quantify just how bad a coach Danny Manning was/is. My guess is he never gets offered another gig.
He'll get another job if he wants one.

But much like Bzzz, it'll be as an assistant where he can coach the big men & work on development only while leaving game & team management to others.

Feels like this is pretty certain at this point...

This looks like a field where even a Manning-coached Wake Forest team would likely dominate or be dominated depending on the day. Flip a coin.

FIFY

That tournament basically gives us 2 or 3 exhibition games, except they count in the win column. I think this is exactly what the team needs to get geared up for big boy games. I like it

This looks like a field where even a Manning-coached Wake Forest team would likely dominate.

Excuse me?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/11/28/may-leads-delaware-state-over-wake-forest-72-65/19641325/

Delaware State surprises Wake Forest 72-65
The Associated Press

Amere May's career-high 32 points helped Delaware State defeat Wake Forrest.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) —After losing by 50 points in its previous game not a lot of people gave Delaware State much of a chance against Wake Forest on Friday night.

Somehow the Hornets picked up that much-needed confidence and it grew throughout the game as Amere May scored a career-high 32 points and Kendall Gray added 14 points with 16 rebounds in a 72-65 win over the Demon Deacons.

Excuse me?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/11/28/may-leads-delaware-state-over-wake-forest-72-65/19641325/

Delaware State surprises Wake Forest 72-65
The Associated Press

Amere May's career-high 32 points helped Delaware State defeat Wake Forrest.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) —After losing by 50 points in its previous game not a lot of people gave Delaware State much of a chance against Wake Forest on Friday night.

Somehow the Hornets picked up that much-needed confidence and it grew throughout the game as Amere May scored a career-high 32 points and Kendall Gray added 14 points with 16 rebounds in a 72-65 win over the Demon Deacons.

We all know how...

Back