• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Basketball Season - "Experts" Think We Suck

Is there a chance that Mucius could have a breakout season with a new coach. Similar to Josh Howard from Odom to Skip. Not comparing him to Howard, but I seem to remember there being a huge improvement immediately.

If a player can have a huge improvement going from two good coaches with different styles, then it would make sense to see a huge jump from bad coach to good coach.

Definitely possible that Mucius makes a leap to being a 13 and 6 guy.

What is a bummer is we are a Sarr away from being a bubble team or even better.

Replacing Wynn, Wright, Childress, White and Brown with Antonio, Johnson, Dubose, Wilkins and Williamson is a wash, IMO.

Dubose should give us production similar, if not better than White. I think Williamson is every bit as good as B-Chill. Antonio and Wilkins will be more productive than Wright and Wynn. Johnson will most likely be less productive than Chaundee but I don't think the drop-off will be significant when you add in the aforementioned other guys. All comes down to the fact we weren't able to replace Sarr's production, IMO.

Last edited:
And the reason I'm so high on guys like Johnson, Antonio, Wilkins and Williamson is they have been part of winning programs. Antonio to a lesser extent but he is who he is. Dubose wasn't a part of a winning program but I see him being a quicker Keyshawn Woods. IE: He should be able to create his own shot.

2019 ...... 2020

Chill .... Williamson
Neath .... Neath
White .... Dubose
Brown ..... Jalen Johnson
Wright ..... Antonio
Wynn ..... Wilkins
Massoud ...... Massoud
Mucius ...... Mucius
Ody ..... Ody
Sarr ..... Tariq/Emma
Torry Johnson ..... Quadry Adams

When you compare the rosters, I think this one looks better at just about every position aside from Center. With a wash comparing Chaundee to the newcomers that will be taking his minutes. There will be less hero ball, guys who have played for winning teams, hopefully a nice Freshman to Sophomore leap from Massoud, Ody and Neath...And presumably a nice leap from Mucius.

I rescind my comment that a Manning coached team would dominate the upcoming MTE.

That was just silly.

Onward and upward!

I understand that this MTE is in a pandemic year and in the first year of Forbes' tenure, so it makes sense that it's against 3 weak teams, but I hope weak OOC scheduling does not become the norm. Ewing tried that at Georgetown for his first couple of years and all it does is lead to low attendances and low enthusiasm during November and December and then being underprepared in January and February. I'd rather us schedule a few quality non conferences games every year that can prepare our guys for conference play, build our strength of schedule ranking, and get some exposure on the national television scene. Just scheduling the likes of Richmond or VCU instead of NC A&T will go a long way in those areas, and a strong Wake team still beats an A10 opponent. Not sure what to expect from this team this season but I can't wait to see them in action and I hope at least some students are let into the Joel in a responsible and safe way.

I'm confident Forbes won't back down from anyone and that includes non conference scheduling.

Two or three pastry games to start the season is the smart play this year. It gives Forbes an opportunity to evaluate his entire roster with the lights shining and make initial adjustments.

Forbes on Daivien Williamson: "Sometimes when I'm mad at everybody, I'll just yell at him"

Per Les on Twitter

This thread made me think about Skip twice today.

One, his genius decision to drive then SO Josh Howard around Winston-Salem that day. Changed Howard forever.

And second the "When I'm mad at everybody" quote is not quite Skip, but close. I could hear him saying similar about J-Gray...

It's a good day in the Forest of Wake.

I've also got the entire interview transcribed on the site for those who prefer to read instead of watch. Entertaining interview with Forbes, generally speaking.

Reactions: Ayo
4:15 in saying he kicked everyone out of practice and brought them back at 9pm for not being competitive, and that it was unacceptable..... MY DUDE!!

Last edited:
Being better than last year is a low bar.

There are many bars to clear to get from where Wake was last season to competing realistically for championships. As noted, this is one of the lower ones.

Forbes is just an interesting guy to listen to...so unlike his two predecessors in just about everyway.

For the first time in almost 11 years, I'm actually excited for Wake basketball.

He threw them out of practice!?!?! God, I already love this guy!

Last edited:
That video just brings back all the Wellman hate thinking hires like Bzz and Daniel would cut it in the ACC. Forbes is the man!

Back