• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Basketball Season - "Experts" Think We Suck

We are only two days away from the first game of the Steve Forbes era at Wake Forest.

4pm on Wednesday against the Delaware State Hornets.

I'm cautiously optimistic the game will happen, but won't allow myself to get truly excited until tip.

We are only two days away from the first game of the Steve Forbes era at Wake Forest.

4pm on Wednesday against the Delaware State Hornets.

I'm cautiously optimistic the game will happen, but won't allow myself to get truly excited until tip.

Where will it be available to watch?

I get the reticence to believe that we can win now after 10+ years of "rebuilding" but it is my impression that Forbes doesn't believe in moral victories, rebuilding years, and we'll get em next year attitudes. Guy is planning on winning in year one and I fucking love it

I get the reticence to believe that we can win now after 10+ years of "rebuilding" but it is my impression that Forbes doesn't believe in moral victories, rebuilding years, and we'll get em next year attitudes. Guy is planning on winning in year one and I fucking love it

Hell yes.

Steve Forbes show first episode is tonight. On the official site, there are links to the radio stations.

How to Listen

WBRF-FM 98.1
WWNB-FM 103.9
WWNB-AM 1490
Wake Forest Athletics App
TuneIn App
TuneIn.com
http://GoDeacs.com/watch

Show dates (All shows start at 7 p.m.)
Every Monday, unless Wake plays on Monday.

Last edited:

This. All day this. We’ve had 10 years of two of the worst coaches an ACC team could possibly have. Forbes will have us back to a respectable program pretty quickly and then we can start the process toward being a regular postseason team.

This. All day this. We’ve had 10 years of two of the worst coaches an ACC team could possibly have. Forbes will have us back to a respectable program pretty quickly and then we can start the process toward being a regular postseason team.

In the ACC, respectability IS being in the postseason. And I don't mean the CBI.

Starting lineup of Williamson, DuBose, Jalen Johnson, Mucius, and Massoud... let's run.

I don't think play-in games count, either... unless we win, and get on the bracket with 64 teams.

Yeah, the high water mark in the last 10 f'ing years, with by far the best player we had since at least Aminu was a 10th place finish in the league and a play in game appearance loss. How sad is that! God bless you Steve Forbes, can't wait for you lead us out of the wilderness.

Starting lineup of Williamson, DuBose, Jalen Johnson, Mucius, and Massoud... let's run.

It’s weird to know so little about a team before the season starts.

It’s weird to know so little about a team before the season starts.

That is what has soured me a little with college hoops, so many new faces every season it seems. I liked It when 90 percent of the guys stayed 4 years and it was unheard of if a guy wasn't there at least 3 years. You got to see the players develop, like we do in football.

No PF or C? Where are Ody, Ingraham and the 6-10 freshman C?

Ody just recently returned to practicing after being out for the previous 3 weeks with mono. He will either be out for the MTE or be on limited minutes, if I had to guess. Igraham is still recovering from his Achilles injury, but should be relatively close to returning full time. From what Forbes has said, sounds like Okpomo won’t be seeing the court too much freshman year.

Back