• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Basketball Season - "Experts" Think We Suck

Given the amount of players out in college football and basketball and the game postponements, it's pretty impressive what the NBA pulled off with its bubble and players' commitment to it. MLB eventually got there after some players didn't take it seriously earlier in the season.

Pay me that money and I'm really f n committed to that bubble!

Given the amount of players out in college football and basketball and the game postponements, it's pretty impressive what the NBA pulled off with its bubble and players' commitment to it. MLB eventually got there after some players didn't take it seriously earlier in the season.

Or at the very end of the season either. :smh

Yeah, I'd like to hear more clarification on the two players in protocol and whether or not they actually tested positive.

No names were given, but I have to assume Neath is one. Maybe Wilkins is the other? Pure speculation on my part.

Only 2k tickets shy of a virtual sellout for tomorrow's opener.

It's time for many ogboards.com posters to step up (finally?) and support the program.

Especially those who were extra vocal over the need to shitcan Manning.

Promising in a way to see ETSU get blown out this morning by something called Abeliene Christian, perhaps an early indicator of how much of their success was down to Forbes

Promising in a way to see ETSU get blown out this morning by something called Abeliene Christian, perhaps an early indicator of how much of their success was down to Forbes

Oof. That fanbase has got to be hating us right about now.

Experts could not be more wrong. Country getting ready to see what happens to a team when u go from one of the most clueless coaches to a great one.

Pitt lost to Saint Frances. I don’t think we’re finishing last.

Pitt lost to Saint Frances. I don’t think we’re finishing last.

The pundits just didn't know what to make of Wake. Only a few guys back, only two of whom were really big contributors last year, and a whole collection of guys from everywhere. New coach, no summer sessions to let the guys get acquainted and really difficult practice situation in the fall. No reason to think that was a recipe for success in the first year.

Ewing's first game at Georgetown they came out and beat up on a similarly bad team by 50 points. What followed was a similarly weak non conference schedule that allowed Georgetown to go 10-1 with a narrow loss to Syracuse in their only quality game. My point is even after beating up on a bad team in a season opener and winning against a weak schedule in his first two months, Ewing still hasn't brought Georgetown back a few years later. Even with that bit of perspective, I am still hugely encouraged by today's performance. There is a long road with plenty of bumps ahead, but keep up the effort on defense, rebound, and avoid turnovers and I expect us to beat the experts' predictions this year and beyond. Go Deacs!

Ewing's first game at Georgetown they came out and beat up on a similarly bad team by 50 points. What followed was a similarly weak non conference schedule that allowed Georgetown to go 10-1 with a narrow loss to Syracuse in their only quality game. My point is even after beating up on a bad team in a season opener and winning against a weak schedule in his first two months, Ewing still hasn't brought Georgetown back a few years later. Even with that bit of perspective, I am still hugely encouraged by today's performance. There is a long road with plenty of bumps ahead, but keep up the effort on defense, rebound, and avoid turnovers and I expect us to beat the experts' predictions this year and beyond. Go Deacs!

Posts containing logic, reason and caution are not welcome here, final 4 or bust.

I'm not penciling the Final Four, but I think it is fair to point out one huge difference: Georgetown is Ewing's first head coaching job. Forbes has won at multiple schools in multiple situations.

Back