• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA at WF - Saturday October 17 - 4 pm ACCN

Generally I agree with need to get KW more touches, but I will say outside the long 75 yard run and 9 yard TD he averaged around 2 yards per carry on the other 20+ carries, while CBS Was over 4. He no doubt brings the big play ability you rarely see, so we need to get him all the touches we can but also curious why he is only getting 2 yards per carry on other 20? Is OL struggling early? Ds more geared to stop run when KWIII is out there?

IIRC, after Walker scored his third TD, he had 125 yards on 15 carries. That's 8.3 y/c. Clawson became more conservative on offense and focused on the clock. Walker had eight rushing attempts (for 3 yards) and Hartman threw 2 passes, both on third down. Walker was given the remaining carries because CBS was hurting. Tough running when the defense knows the option of the RPO, especially if the ball carrier broke their backs on two consecutive series.

I'm going to agree with PH here... No way in hell does some fat dude wearing number 36 ever become a solid quarterback. And no way does a QB wearing 98 or 99 ever become a passing threat. It just won't happen unless you are wearing a leather helmet with no facemask

Didn’t watch the game so I don’t know if this dude played, but according to UVA’s roster, the have a WF whose number is 77. How does that happen? The NFL has a rule about the number ranges allowed for each position. Much better.

Didn’t watch the game so I don’t know if this dude played, but according to UVA’s roster, the have a WF whose number is 77. How does that happen? The NFL has a rule about the number ranges allowed for each position. Much better.

NFL is very prescriptive about numbers for positions. College is pretty lax.

And in college you can have 2 players with the same number, so long as they play opposite sides of the ball.

Btw, what’s the situation with Masterson? I may have missed it, but how bad is his injury and how long will he be out?

Clawson said last week that they're hoping he's back after the next off week -- so first game he'd be back would be Nov. 14 at UNC.

Any chance Clawson could keep Anderson at safety and move Masterson to LB?

Any chance Clawson could keep Anderson at safety and move Masterson to LB?

Don't think they're looking to cut down on Traveon Redd's reps, he's been decent.

Think it's more likely that when Nasir comes back, assuming this week or next week, you see a 3-, maybe 4-player rotation of safeties with Nasir, Andersen, Rucker and Zion Keith. They love Masterson's versatility, so you can slot him in anywhere in a rotation.

Clawson snuck in a comment Saturday about Coby Davis having moved to CB, which makes a ton of sense because he was the best nickel corner they had in late '17, preseason '18 and struggled at safety last year coming off the ACL. So when he comes back, I'd imagine he's used at CB so that they don't have to play Ja'Sir 80 plays/game.

Kenneth Walker III is the ACC Running Back of the week: https://godeacs.com/news/2020/10/19/football-kenneth-walker-iii-named-acc-running-back-of-the-week.aspx

Some nice tidbits from the article:

-- The 75-yard run is the longest of the season for Wake Forest, tying 18th longest in program history and the longest since his 96-yard rushing touchdown against Rice in 2019.

-- His 128 yards on the ground marked the third consecutive game he has gone for over 100 yards, making him the first player since Matt Colburn II in 2017 to run for 100-plus yards in three straight games.

-- Walker III is the first Wake Forest player since Chris Barclay (2002-05) to have five or more 100-yard rushing games in his first two years on campus.

-- He enters the Virginia Tech game ranked fourth nationally and leads the ACC with seven rushing touchdowns while also averaging 5.72 yards per carry through four games.

Loved Chris Barclay, but Walker might be better. If Walker stays healthy, he could go down as the top RB in WF history.

Barclay has an ACC POY on his resume. That’s hard to beat.

Barclay has an ACC POY on his resume. That’s hard to beat.

For a 5 win Wake team, too. That is unheard of that a Wake player would get consideration from a subpar team. But, the next year..........

Congrats to Kenneth Walker III. That was a great performance against UVA. That 75 yarder was a dagger.

For a 5 win Wake team, too. That is unheard of that a Wake player would get consideration from a subpar team. But, the next year..........

Didn't he beat out Megatron (Calvin Johnson) too? Seems like I remember Wes Durham (former voice of the Yellow Jackets) whining about that.

Hard to believe KW3 was the lowest ranked recruit in the ‘19 class and a Kent State decommit. Just shows that rankings outside the top ~300 are primarily guesses based on attended camps and offer lists.

It is said every single time Barclay is brought up, but could you imagine if he was redshirted and we had him on that 2006 team...?

It is said every single time Barclay is brought up, but could you imagine if he was redshirted and we had him on that 2006 team...?

It was shame that 2 great Deacs, Barclay and Plack, both graduated the season before 2006 and couldn't be part of that.

But then you have to ask if we even recruit the FRESH DEACS class if true frosh Plack and Barclay don’t help get us to the Seattle Bowl.

Back