• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Horror Movie Recommendations by Streaming Service

I watched Event Horizon a few weeks ago and i thought it was alright - some classic scenes

Alien is still probably my favorite horror movie of all time

I highly recommend three recent Spanish language horror films “Belzebuth”, “Terrified”, and “Platform”

Belzebuth & Terrified are available with the Shudder subscription on Amazon Prime, Platform is on Netflix

Debating on watching the ouija recommendation or the debate.

Have you played the Luigi Board?
Can you burn a Luigi board?
What is a Luigi Board?
My friends did a luigi board.. and it mentioned me! PLEAS HELP!?
Are luigi board dangerouse if you ask something about ghost?

I really liked Platform.

Blackcoat's daughter was also solid -- well acted and directed, story was ok.

Thought Train to Busan was over-rated. Not much that distinguished it imo. Liked #Alive better, which is a new zombie movie on Netflix.

Also recently watched the extended version of Doctor Sleep. I don't think that movie got enough attention -- I think it's great but I have loved everything I've seen from Mike Flanagan (Gerald's game in particular).

Last edited:
Is The Sixth Sense a horror movie? I think it impacted my friends at 16 the way The Exorcist hit my dad’s generation.

One of my buddies who was 6’0 200 pounds of pure muscle that played running back slept at the foot of his parents bed that night.

I refused to go to sleep without our dog in my room.

Sixth Sense wasn’t stick with you scary in the same way The Ring or Blair Witch from the same generation were though, no?

Sixth Sense wasn’t stick with you scary in the same way The Ring or Blair Witch from the same generation were though, no?

I never saw The Blair Witch project and I saw The Ring at home not in the theater so it probably didn’t impact the same way. I was also older. Sixth Sense is the most scared I’ve ever been.

The Sixth Sense affected me, but in the “I can’t think about the bee pin scene without starting to cry” way.

The scariest / creepiest scene in Sixth Sense is when the ghost says he knows where his dad keeps his gun and has a hole in the back of his head.

Sixth Sense is in that “Mystery Thriller” kitchen sink genre, but it has all the elements of a horror film. The only real difference is how the director and studio market the film. If they believe it could be award worthy, they won’t market it as a horror film because it will be critically dismissed. Only 6 horror films have ever been nominated for best picture.

Last edited:
Sixth Sense wasn't a horror flick. It was just kind of freaky. The Others was the same territory, but done more as horror (except it wasn't scary either). Certainly, Sixth Sense is in no way as overt as The Exorcist. I didn't see The Exorcist for the first time until the late 80s when I was a teenager, and it freaked me out big time. Still does. No other demon possession movie has come close to making my skin crawl like it does.

Sixth Sense wasn't a horror flick. It was just kind of freaky. The Others was the same territory, but done more as horror (except it wasn't scary either). Certainly, Sixth Sense is in no way as overt as The Exorcist. I didn't see The Exorcist for the first time until the late 80s when I was a teenager, and it freaked me out big time. Still does. No other demon possession movie has come close to making my skin crawl like it does.

I highly recommend The Last Exorcism and The Taking of Deborah Logan. There are a hundred bad exorcism movies, but those two are excellent.

Signs is the best "scary" M Night movie don't @ me

The wife and I watched "Don't Look Now" tonight, not my cup of tea. I get what the director was going for, and yeah he made me feel just as off-kilter and lost as Sutherland's character.
The "Dwarf Killer"
wasn't as big of a shock as I was expecting considering the hype the movie got on this thread.

The wife and I watched "Don't Look Now" tonight, not my cup of tea. I get what the director was going for, and yeah he made me feel just as off-kilter and lost as Sutherland's character.
The "Dwarf Killer"
wasn't as big of a shock as I was expecting considering the hype the movie got on this thread.

That's a fair assessment. I should've probably given the caveat that it wasn't really a traditional horror film, and I really appreciated the cinematic proficiency more than I did the actual storyline. I was just about to come on here and recommend The Changeling streaming on Shudder as well. It's an early 80's haunted house movie that I just watched last night and it blew me away.

That's a fair assessment. I should've probably given the caveat that it wasn't really a traditional horror film, and I really appreciated the cinematic proficiency more than I did the actual storyline. I was just about to come on here and recommend The Changeling streaming on Shudder as well. It's an early 80's haunted house movie that I just watched last night and it blew me away.

The Changeling is great, so great in fact that Ringu pretty blatantly ripped off a big part of it.

Back