• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Horror Movie Recommendations by Streaming Service

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
For everybody watching horror films this month, here are my horror recommendations by streaming service:

Amazon Prime:
- The Wailing
- The Taking of Deborah Logan
- Oculus
- Frailty
- House of the Devil
- We Are Still Here
- Heriditary

Netflix:
- Session 9
- The Autopsy of Jane Doe
- Oculus
- Creep
- Veronica

HBO Max:
- The Brood
- Carnival of Souls
- Eyes Without A Face
- Lights Out

Hulu:
- Sinister
- The Bay
- Don’t Breathe
- It Follows
- The Last Exorcism
- Ouija - The Origin of Evil
- Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark

I’m sure I missed a bunch of good ones, please post your own recs with the streaming service listed. I haven’t recommended any rentals, I suggest sticking with that criteria.

Yep...BostonDeac beat me to that reply.

Not generally my genre but I do occasionally enjoy...thx for the thread and recs.

Watching We are Still Here. Was going to be The Wailing, but I can’t do a 2.5hr movie tonight.

Is Midsommar still streaming anywhere?

That is one crazy fucking movie. One of my freshmen recommended it to me. I almost called DSS on his parents after I watched it.

Last edited:
Autopsy of Jane Doe and Session 9 are good recs on Netflix. I also really, really liked The Blackcoat’s Daughter. Watched The Babysitter last night and it was some decent horror/comedy.

Watching We are Still Here. Was going to be The Wailing, but I can’t do a 2.5hr movie tonight.

It was enjoyable, but not sure it lives up to the RT rating.

Green Room is on Netflix and is absolutely amazing. The Guest is a really solid movie as well. It’s almost like if Drive was turned into a horror flick.

Hubie Halloween on Netflix was bad, I do not recommend

I've seen two on that list-- The Wailing and It Follows. Both were good to pretty good for the genre. The Wailing is really long, but doesn't feel that long. It is beautifully filmed, something you don't say a lot about in the genre.

I think I Saw The Devil may be available on one of the streaming services. Another 2+ hour Korean film. Violent and not supernatural scary, but crazy guy kind of intense. One of my favorites to come out of the Hermit Kingdom.

2nd the Green Room -Loved it! Watched Creep last night just because Creep 2 was at the top of some horror list. I certainly hope the sequel is better! Creep had a cool premise but not enough suspense/chills.

Anyone ever seen Don’t Look Now with Donald Sutherland? Just finished watching it on Prime and strongly considering whether it should be in my top 5 horror films of all time. Amazing.

Anyone ever seen Don’t Look Now with Donald Sutherland? Just finished watching it on Prime and strongly considering whether it should be in my top 5 horror films of all time. Amazing.

It’s one of the best films of all time. You should also check out the 1970’s Invasion of The Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland.

Back