• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT @ WF — Saturday 3:30 RSN

So I just got an email from Hulu that they are dropped RSNs starting tomorrow. It sure looks like our game is supposed to be on an RSN, so do any streaming services still carry them?

So I just got an email from Hulu that they are dropped RSNs starting tomorrow. It sure looks like our game is supposed to be on an RSN, so do any streaming services still carry them?

I just posted this on the cord cutters thread on the non-sports board. I am pretty sure YTTV does not carry them anymore and now Hulu Live does not. It looks like the game is on ESPN3; however, I am pretty sure it will be blacked out in areas where a regional sports channel has the rights - which is probably the entire east coast and most of the country.

From some Googling, maybe AT&T TV Now still carries them, and it looks like they may have a free 7 day trial. Not positive though, and I am kind of tired of bouncing around services as channels get dropped.

This is ridiculous.

Can you purchase the game on Amazon Video?

AT&T TV Live Now seems to have all the same channels as Youtube Tv and Hulu Live but is $80. No contract May be a good alternative until Hulu/Youtube get RSN again.

Any clue if I will be able to watch this in NYC? Think RSN is usually blacked out on ESPN3. I have Slingtv and the sports package.

Any clue if I will be able to watch this in NYC? Think RSN is usually blacked out on ESPN3. I have Slingtv and the sports package.

Per this, the game is on the YES Network. That is the RSN for NYC, right? And it looks like AT&T TV Now is the only streaming service still carrying the YES Network. I do not know for sure, but my guess is the game will be black-out for ESPN3 there. It does look like AT&T TV Now has a 7 day free trial, so I will probably go ahead and do that in order to get the game. It also looks like you need their "max" plan to get the RSNs.

https://theacc.com/sports/2020/10/16/FB_RSN_VT_WF_20.aspx

Per this, the game is on the YES Network. That is the RSN for NYC, right? And it looks like AT&T TV Now is the only streaming service still carrying the YES Network. I do not know for sure, but my guess is the game will be black-out for ESPN3 there. It does look like AT&T TV Now has a 7 day free trial, so I will probably go ahead and do that in order to get the game. It also looks like you need their "max" plan to get the RSNs.

https://theacc.com/sports/2020/10/16/FB_RSN_VT_WF_20.aspx

Thanks. YES Network has been dropped by about everyone. I'll join the trial plan and consider the switch.

The ESPN3 replay should be up right after the game ends, right?

VT's rushing offense won't be "scary" if we put them in the position where they have to pass the ball. Would love to see us take the ball provided we win the toss and go up a quick 7-0. Put pressure on them early and often and we may have ourselves a competitive game.

The ESPN3 replay should be up right after the game ends, right?

It takes some time, occasionally hours. Depends on the popularity and amount of games. At least that was the case last year.

NESN also carrying the game according to the guide. 628. YES is 631. Directv.

VT's rushing offense won't be "scary" if we put them in the position where they have to pass the ball. Would love to see us take the ball provided we win the toss and go up a quick 7-0. Put pressure on them early and often and we may have ourselves a competitive game.

Sounds good in theory, but VT trailed UNC 21-0 and still ran the ball 49 times for 250+ yards to get back into the game.

I doubt they are going to abandon the run against us, especially before the 4th quarter.

Stack the box and putting our corners on islands is our only hope.

Not a good recipe for success - we just don’t matchup well with VT.

Need some turnovers.

I just posted this on the cord cutters thread on the non-sports board. I am pretty sure YTTV does not carry them anymore and now Hulu Live does not. It looks like the game is on ESPN3; however, I am pretty sure it will be blacked out in areas where a regional sports channel has the rights - which is probably the entire east coast and most of the country.

From some Googling, maybe AT&T TV Now still carries them, and it looks like they may have a free 7 day trial. Not positive though, and I am kind of tired of bouncing around services as channels get dropped.

What is the purpose of a blackout with limited attendance available? Assuming those limited seats have been sold, which may be inaccurate.

Ah this would suck - i have YTTV / ESPN3 and was trying to peek at the Duke/State game last week and couldn’t figure it out. Poop I’m not going to be happy about this.

What is the purpose of a blackout with limited attendance available? Assuming those limited seats have been sold, which may be inaccurate.

It’s not a blackout. It’s just airing on stations a lot of people don’t have nowadays.

Hopefully Grier and Masterson are back.

Only chance is to play a 4-4 with a spy on Hooker and as coach Bill Yoast said "BLITZ ALL NIGHT". Hope for a couple of turnovers and maybe, just maybe we can keep it tight going into the 4th.

Perfect. 8-9 guys in the box like Steelers and Ravens. If Tech beats it, you get the ball back quicker and your weak defense gets off the field and their weak defense is back on. Go for it!

Back