• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Tunnels Voter Suppression Thread - Were You Able to Vote ?

How many of you dickheads are hourly shift workers who can't get time off without losing some pay, how many of you dickheads are single moms with two jobs and child-care issues, how many of you dickheads are black people who are downright scared of puffed up white boys with guns chanting MAGA at you from 20 yds away?

We’ve been talking about long lines in early voting not Election Day. So it’s like showing up at the mall on a Wednesday at 11:30 am three weeks before Christmas and being surprised by the long lines.

How many of you dickheads are hourly shift workers who can't get time off without losing some pay, how many of you dickheads are single moms with two jobs and child-care issues, how many of you dickheads are black people who are downright scared of puffed up white boys with guns chanting MAGA at you from 20 yds away?

Shift workers can vote whenever there not pulling a shift. That’s the beauty of early voting. Also, vote by mail. I’m sure you can grasp these concepts. Aside from knocking on people’s doors with a mobile voting booth, what exactly are you honestly suggesting we do to make it easier for people to vote than a mail in option and two weeks of early voting ?

I haven’t heard much about these morons showing up at early voting locations with guns so I’ll just take your word for it that black people who spent the summer protesting police, often in proximity to armed MAGA idiots, are scared to go vote in their own neighborhoods on Election Day.

Can't wait to see W&B's proof of the "puffed up white boys with guns chanting MAGA" at the polling locations on the south side of Chicago intimidating all of the black voters.

this issue doesn't disappear on election day, does it? if you want to take 15 minutes off and vote in Charlotte, it's possible to do so.

We’ve been talking about long lines in early voting not Election Day. So it’s like showing up at the mall on a Wednesday at 11:30 am three weeks before Christmas and being surprised by the long lines.

I understand that there are some places with long lines, but a very basic google search will tell you that these no-line options are available.

Can't wait to see W&B's proof of the "puffed up white boys with guns chanting MAGA" at the polling locations on the south side of Chicago intimidating all of the black voters.

that's down state illinois and Wisconsin, fuckstick

There should be a national holiday on election day and enough polls to accommodate everyone, this isn't a made up issue. Is that the point the OP is trying to make, that it is made up?

Come on dude.

maybe i'm wrong, but who is actually better off voting ON election day? Perhaps there are a few businesses that ONLY give their people paid time off to vote on election day, but I don't think there's a large number of those - they'd be better off giving people time off to vote early. Who else is better off voting on Election Day, rather than in the 3 week advance period where you can pick your date and time to vote?

this issue doesn't disappear on election day, does it? if you want to take 15 minutes off and vote in Charlotte, it's possible to do so.

Plenty of people can’t take 15 minutes off. And I don’t think you’re counting the time it takes to drive back and forth.

Plenty of people can’t take 15 minutes off. And I don’t think you’re counting the time it takes to drive back and forth.

Or take public transit, if they don't have a car.

So in GOP districts where they closed polling places and shortened early-voting periods, it was just to be efficient and right-size the overly-accessible system?

what's different on election day? Your point is that there are people whose only option is to stand in line for 3 hours on election day? Why can't they pick a 15 minute window during the 8-am-8pm stretch every day for the prior 3 weeks? Someone who is working 7am-7pm, 7 days a week, without a lunch break, is not going to be better off waiting for election day.

So in GOP districts where they closed polling places and shortened early-voting periods, it was just to be efficient and right-size the overly-accessible system?

okay fine. you're much better off voting on election day than searching for less time-wasting options. my experience only applies to rich white people.

what's different on election day? Your point is that there are people whose only option is to stand in line for 3 hours on election day? Why can't they pick a 15 minute window during the 8-am-8pm stretch every day for the prior 3 weeks? Someone who is working 7am-7pm, 7 days a week, without a lunch break, is not going to be better off waiting for election day.

No, that's not my point.

They can pick a window (15 min is laughable to get across town, vote, get back to work in some places) on the days leading up, but in some districts they have reduced the number of days they have to choose from, thus limiting voting opportunity. If days were added to early voting and more polling places were opened, it would increase opportunity for some voters with tighter time restrictions to vote. I can't see the downside to that. :noidea:

What is your argument, that this is all bullshit whining?

look just take time off on a Tuesday afternoon to go vote on the way to your tee time, and if running late just vote after.

Or any other of the 21 days available to vote.

There are a ton of things wrong with our voter system that are explicitly designed to suppress the vote. Having 3 weeks of early voting is not one of them. Early voting is one of the few things that make it easier to vote.

Back