• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Tunnels Voter Suppression Thread - Were You Able to Vote ?

Link?

Did the white oppressors (err... suppressors) identify themselves as Illinois Nazis?

I saw a Facebook story from freedompatriotspatrol.net that had a picture of a guy with a bloody face who had been beat up by an Antifa gang while at a Trump rally. With the Arc de Triumph in the background, I was unaware of Trump rallies taking place in Paris.

maybe in Mecklenberg County it's fine, but for example, Gwinnett County in GA has only a handful of locations, several of which have current wait times between 30-90 minutes

https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/web/gwinnett/departments/elections/waittimes

why so few locations in a county of nearly 1 million people?

That's what I pointed out before. People use number of locations because they want people to glance over the fact that number of locations per a population is disproportionally harming certain demographics and voters. Sure bumfuck county GA has only one location but it works out that the one location is per a population 5 to 10x's more accessible than the 10 locations for a million people.

The first time I voted was last Thursday. We had to go at lunchtime since its the only time my wife can get off work and I didn't want to have to handle all our kids by myself so she could go in the evening - ended up waiting 40 minutes even though the app showed no wait when we left the house. To my surprise everyone was masked correctly except the one poll worker designated to handle the disabled vote from car folks. She would approach the vehicle and immediately pull down her mask. I said something to her when she passed by and she responded that she can't talk with a mask covering her mouth. :dumb:

Went to a different location closer to my house this morning and was in and out in under 15 minutes. Gonna try the downtown location later this week.

ONLY IN CALIFORNIA amirite

i do think it's important to remember that Gwinnett County sucks in general.

Gwinnett County's contribution to the world is 30 minutes of semidaily commute time.

Gwinnett County's contribution to the world is 30 minutes of semidaily commute time.

and with luck hopefully helping to vote out Loeffler and Perdue. but Governor (cue "hilarious" Abrams joke from the colonel) Kemp will do his damndest to prevent that.

It warms my heart every voting cycle to hear the fables of the mythical American citizen over 18 years of age who works from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week for at least 3 weeks straight leading up to Election Day, yet who, despite his/her obvious drive, dedication, and 44 hours of continuous weekly overtime pay, has to yet to rise above minimum wage employment, buy a car, or even earn a lunch break, all the while eschewing their new-found work ethic to remain committed to supporting government-dole politics.

I would love to find the field where said 84-hour/week workers grow so that I can hire them to replace the cycle of hourly employees that I have been privileged to pay over the years, whose routine excuses for reasons not to arrive timely for 35-40 hr/week work include things such as hungover, sick pet bird, raging hemorrhoids, had to go grocery shopping, overdue car inspection, that time of the month, new iphone release, stuck in the line at Taco Bell, and burnt oatmeal smell in the house. Despite the hundreds of excuses for not showing up on time for hourly work, the one excuse I have never heard is "I need to go vote"; which, unlike the others, would not be cause for concern and actually encouraged and perhaps even compensated.

But I'm glad to hear that America is still full of Paul Bunyans who cannot find a single non-working hour over the course of 3 weeks while at the same time miraculously managing never to rise above their minimum wage situation. In a world where 90% of success is showing up, I commend them for their ability to consistently show up at twice the rate expected yet never find any success warranting even an hour's escape.

Anytime I see a 2and2 post pop up I run quickly to the thread. I need to get some sort of notification system for my phone to warn me when he's about.

I love you, big guy.

well let's keep in mind that your mythical worker is illegal so they can't vote anyway.

You serious Clark? When there is a national holiday adults can each take the time to go vote while the others watch the kids.

They can carpool when their family members are also on a holiday day, or borrow the car, or take extra time for public trans or walking.

Is there a reason why these same things aren't possible during the 3 weeks of early voting?

It warms my heart every voting cycle to hear the fables of the mythical American citizen over 18 years of age who works from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week for at least 3 weeks straight leading up to Election Day, yet who, despite his/her obvious drive, dedication, and 44 hours of continuous weekly overtime pay, has to yet to rise above minimum wage employment, buy a car, or even earn a lunch break, all the while eschewing their new-found work ethic to remain committed to supporting government-dole politics.

I would love to find the field where said 84-hour/week workers grow so that I can hire them to replace the cycle of hourly employees that I have been privileged to pay over the years, whose routine excuses for reasons not to arrive timely for 35-40 hr/week work include things such as hungover, sick pet bird, raging hemorrhoids, had to go grocery shopping, overdue car inspection, that time of the month, new iphone release, stuck in the line at Taco Bell, and burnt oatmeal smell in the house. Despite the hundreds of excuses for not showing up on time for hourly work, the one excuse I have never heard is "I need to go vote"; which, unlike the others, would not be cause for concern and actually encouraged and perhaps even compensated.

But I'm glad to hear that America is still full of Paul Bunyans who cannot find a single non-working hour over the course of 3 weeks while at the same time miraculously managing never to rise above their minimum wage situation. In a world where 90% of success is showing up, I commend them for their ability to consistently show up at twice the rate expected yet never find any success warranting even an hour's escape.

:slowclap

this killed me.

i'm against a holiday because we don't need more days off as a country. We already have so many days off that banks take off a day to celebrate European genocide.

i'm against a holiday because we don't need more days off as a country. We already have so many days off that banks take off a day to celebrate European genocide.

we really do. vacations and days off in this country suck. Europe has it way better than us.

Last edited:
Yes, the last thing we need in this country is more forced days off from work. Everyone with their excessive vacation time especially in comparison to other peer countries, just disgusting if you ask me. More work and longer hours!

Back