• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Tunnels Voter Suppression Thread - Were You Able to Vote ?

"we have too many days off already" is one of the most predictable but insane things to come out of the rich grumpy suburban white guys club

Is there a reason why these same things aren't possible during the 3 weeks of early voting?

Is there a national holiday during that period?

please tell me what is lost by expanding early voting in districts where it has been shortened, and adding polling places to reduce travel and wait times.

Why do you have beef with actual hard-working Americans who are reporting this as a problem, do you believe they are 1) lying, 2) lazy/shiftless, or 3) its a fake story. There really are no other choices

If we don't have enough holidays, then why do we collectively ignore at least a quarter of them? Seriously, who gets presidents day, columbus day, or veterans day off other than bankers and government employees? If you want to cancel one of those, or perhaps move Presidents Day to match Election Day, i"m down with that.

Election Day doesn’t need to be a holiday. But it shouldn’t be on a Tuesday when it’s cold in most places.

It should be a weekend in the Spring.

If we don't have enough holidays, then why do we collectively ignore at least a quarter of them? Seriously, who gets presidents day, columbus day, or veterans day off other than bankers and government employees? If you want to cancel one of those, or perhaps move Presidents Day to match Election Day, i"m down with that.

there's a stigma about taking time off in this country. like you don't work hard enough. what's the harm in more days off? also, time off is not guaranteed -- it's strictly a benefit offered by companies. but often if you have enough PTO and would want to take off 2+ weeks you'd be viewed as lazy or checked-out.

Election Day doesn’t need to be a holiday. But it shouldn’t be on a Tuesday when it’s cold in most places.

It should be a weekend in the Spring.

The factories at my company run all weekend. It should be a holiday

you'd think that the nation that holds the concepts of representation as one of its highest principles would honor said participation as nearly as or more sacred than all the foundational documents and myths

but nah, we need people to be manning the guns at the Bass Pro and Arby's

there's a stigma about taking time off in this country. like you don't work hard enough. what's the harm in more days off? also, time off is not guaranteed -- it's strictly a benefit offered by companies. but often if you have enough PTO and would want to take off 2+ weeks you'd be viewed as lazy or checked-out.

Yeah, PTO may be part of a benefits package, but if you take it, then you're not "committed to the team" and face various forms of retribution.

my company has taken it up a notch by telling people you have UNLIMITED PTO, then making everyone feel bad for taking any days off

I've literally never heard anyone in America say we have "too many holidays." We have arguably the lowest number of holidays of any major economic power. Compare American holidays to days off in basically any major European country.

my company has taken it up a notch by telling people you have UNLIMITED PTO, then making everyone feel bad for taking any days off

We decided as an executive team to take the Unlimited PTO route as well and utilization has steadily crept up.

Fucking millennials

We decided as an executive team to take the Unlimited PTO route as well and utilization has steadily crept up.

Fucking millennials

You have weak management, then. Had it at a previous company and it was contingent on manager approval of requested days off. Probably weak because you are on the "executive team."

Man. The corporate world seems horrible.

You have weak management, then. Had it at a previous company and it was contingent on manager approval of requested days off. Probably weak because you are on the "executive team."

Of course it's contingent on manager approval you fucking dolt.

Based on your above post, obviously not all of us are lucky or smart enough to work on an IT helpdesk.

I would just like to repeat, as I often have, that teaching is awesome and I don't know how you fuckers work real jobs. If I didn't know I had 2 months off to do jack and shit during the summertime I'd probably drive my car into a fucking maple tree.

Back