• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Tunnels Voter Suppression Thread - Were You Able to Vote ?

Paul Hogan

Reaction score
Post here to share your harrowing voting experience. This might include having to put the ballot inside of two different envelopes in the proper sequence. Determining whether you're putting the ballot in an actual BOE ballot box instead of an Amazon box sitting on a street corner, waiting in line for 45 minutes to early vote, observing a Covidiot with his mask pulled below his nose for five seconds, or pushing yourself to the brink by waiting until November 3 to cast your ballot at your regular precinct.

I early voted yesterday in Charlotte. Got in line, voted. NO IRREGULARITIES ! I went at 3;55 PM and the whole process took 20 minutes.

Congratulations. Your individual story proves that our voting system works perfectly and there are no improvements to be made anywhere.

Apparently there is something that has prevented you from participating in our democracy so far and posting your story here. Please post your victimhood story.

Post here to share your harrowing voting experience. This might include having to put the ballot inside of two different envelopes in the proper sequence. Determining whether you're putting the ballot in an actual BOE ballot box instead of an Amazon box sitting on a street corner, waiting in line for 45 minutes to early vote, observing a Covidiot with his mask pulled below his nose for five seconds, or pushing yourself to the brink by waiting until November 3 to cast your ballot at your regular precinct.

I early voted yesterday in Charlotte. Got in line, voted. NO IRREGULARITIES ! I went at 3;55 PM and the whole process took 20 minutes.

I mean, you voted in S. Charlotte, right? That barely counts.

Friday afternoon at Harper Hill Commons on Country Club Rd. Got there about 12:55. Walked right in. Took about 10 minutes total. But....

I did not get an "I Voted" sticker.

To be fair to Biff or Paul or whatever, reporting on the length of a line at a random voting precinct to demonstrate voter suppression is like reporting on a single tornado to demonstrate climate change. I wish the media would do better and regularly report data on declines in the number of votes cast or increases in the average time it takes to vote across years or before and after some action by local and state governments. We know the Brian Kemp removed a few hundred thousand voters from the voter rolls but how often does that happen?

No, I was fine. Had mail in ballots and dropped them off at an early voting site. Took maybe 10 minutes. But I understand that I am in a privleged situation with having a flexible schedule, a relatively lower population in my district, and the time and knowledge of how to best go through the process. I am not a single parent working two jobs just to scrape by. I don't live in a district with hundreds of thousands of voters trying to all go through a handful of voting sites. I'm not someone that is going to get disenfranchised by a partisan court ruling. So yeah, my experience was fine. Doesn't mean that it shouldn't be better for everyone.

Got to love how Biff started this thread on a board that’s like 99% white guys to prove that voting is simple and straightforward process that works for everyone.

A Wake Forest message board is among the last fucking places on earth you're going to find stories of voter suppression.

A Wake Forest message board is among the last fucking places on earth you're going to find stories of voter suppression.

look just take time off on a Tuesday afternoon to go vote on the way to your tee time, and if running late just vote after.

Biff's pivot to suburban boomer was inevitable, but I thought we might have a few more years

That being said I voted at the church that Wake bought recently right across from the Spry and the process took 10 minutes. Definitely an easy place to vote for Forsyth County residents if you have transportation to get there.

I just voted at the spectrum center and it took 10 minutes total, 7 of which were spent IN THE VOTING BOOTH. There are 38 booths there, 4 of which were in use....including the 2 Mrs. Diggler and I used. This is in the middle of downtown Charlotte. I had three conversations with homeless people on the way out, so it's not like I was voting at Myers Park CC.

It is completely ridiculous to stand in a long line on Election Day. It's like going to the mall on Christmas Eve and being surprised that it's crowded and things are sold out. If you stand in a long line to vote on Election Day, it's your own fault.

Back