• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman NFL

Not sure what you mean by "peacock", I have not seen him strutting too much along the sideline or talking about me, me and me. The back channels that I am hearing is that he is becoming the true leader of the team, particularly with the BLM and voting initiatives.
Hartman's postgame interview was quite funny after the VT game. He is outspoken, but team first guy, and heaped praises on Andersen.....saying Andersen - picks him off all of the time in practice. Then he made fun of Dave Goren who was stuck on mute. It made me laugh.

Prepare to be shocked then.

The NFL generally wants you to be able to make throws that are not fade routes or deep posts. Newman didn't show a lot of proficiency on short or intermediate routes, especially in the middle of the field.

He's a good athlete, but not a freak.

I think Wake's system, along with 3 very good WRs, led to good numbers in the last part of 2018 and then most of 2019. But he's not as good a QB as John Wolford, for example, and its almost a miracle that Wolford is on a team at all.

I think he gets picked in rounds 4-5, which means a team is not going to invest a bunch of time in him. If he gets an opportunity due to injury/being drafted by a team where the other QBs suck, then I hope he does well. I just don't see it happening.

Cheeseheads12 has it.

It is not a negative term. Hartman doesn't mind being in the spotlight. Not a bad thing. Sage in the shirtless hoodie? Peacocking.

BTW, I absolutely predict that Sam is going to either have the best game of his career against UNC or the worst (from trying to hard, not playing under control). His personality type absolutely leads me to think he will want to out duel Sam Howell in a big big way. And my money is on our Sam.

Newman is/was a better runner than Hartman, especially in the red zone. He was a legit threat. But, more running = injuries.

Newman also got us going with the deep ball.

It's been nice to see Hartman hit some deep passes lately.

The NFL generally wants you to be able to make throws that are not fade routes or deep posts. Newman didn't show a lot of proficiency on short or intermediate routes, especially in the middle of the field.

some of that was on Newman, but a lot of that is the scheme

I can't imagine there are teams that use the middle of the field in the passing game less than Wake, or throw fewer screens to RBs

it's bananas

DeaconSig loves to throw shade on WF, and anyone that wears the Black and Gold.

He's a good athlete, but not a freak.

I think Wake's system, along with 3 very good WRs, led to good numbers in the last part of 2018 and then most of 2019. But he's not as good a QB as John Wolford, for example, and its almost a miracle that Wolford is on a team at all.

I think he gets picked in rounds 4-5, which means a team is not going to invest a bunch of time in him. If he gets an opportunity due to injury/being drafted by a team where the other QBs suck, then I hope he does well. I just don't see it happening.

According to NFL scouts, incorrect: Go to 2:15 into the highlight video. This throw.

There are a number of NFL Draft grade videos that call out this throw as one the NFL scouts needed to see. The fact that is was, I think, a 3rd and 18 throw when we were starting to be on the ropes in that game, was gravy.

while i am mostly clueless on this subject, my observations over the years is that the gap between what NFL teams do in the draft and what fans think NFL teams will do in the draft (often with relatively high degrees of confident) is larger than just about any other topic. often followed by lots of GMs being called idiots after the draft.

while i am mostly clueless on this subject, my observations over the years is that the gap between what NFL teams do in the draft and what fans think NFL teams will do in the draft (often with relatively high degrees of confident) is larger than just about any other topic. often followed by lots of GMs being called idiots after the draft.

And with that being said ... :)

s a Chiefs fan, I think he'd be an ideal backup. If Mahomes goes down, you run a reduced offense that includes the long ball, but has 15 plays specific to Newman's running ability.

If Newman actually plays in the NFL he will keep playing. He just has to get on the field. I trust he will give Clawson and WF proper reference.

Quarterbacks who are going to be picked ahead of Newman, unless Gettleman falls in love with him:

Lawrence
Fields
North Dakota guy
Mond
Trask
BYU guy

Quarterbacks who are going to be picked ahead of Newman, unless Gettleman falls in love with him:

Lawrence
Fields
North Dakota guy
Mond
Trask
BYU guy

QBs NOT getting drafted ahead of Jamie Newman:

Stetson Bennett
JT Daniels

Yes, quite the impressive offensive performance against formidable Kentucky on Saturday.

You realize that no one ever planned for Stetson Bennett to be the starting quarterback at Georgia, right ? He's also not standing in the way of Newman being drafted in the first three rounds.

Back