• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman NFL

The Athletic has a list of players who have declared for the NFL draft. It is incomplete, but a lot of guys on there. Jamie is listed as GA, not Wake.

Sage is the only Wake guy on the list.

One name of passing interest: Blake Proehl, East Carolina.

The Athletic NFL Draft Declarations List

Saw a tweet a few weeks ago saying the school announced during the draft is the last one you suited up for

cant wait to see all those Georgia highlights when they call his name. He and Biff played the same number of snaps at UGA.

Honestly, as the season played out, these guys opting out probably made the smart call. Staying healthy was the goal. Maybe they take a draft hit, but if they are worthy of a higher draft pick, their play will speak for itself anyway.

Honestly, as the season played out, these guys opting out probably made the smart call. Staying healthy was the goal. Maybe they take a draft hit, but if they are worthy of a higher draft pick, their play will speak for itself anyway.

In hindsight, Surratt made the right call since Wake Football turned out to be shutdown for a month. I guess it could have just as easily been Georgia. In which case, Newman would be looking better than he currently is.

We have no idea if there are long haulers on our roster and if Sage would have been one of them. Hell, we don’t even know if COVID is why Walker left the team.

We have no idea if there are long haulers on our roster and if Sage would have been one of them. Hell, we don’t even know if COVID is why Walker left the team.

Don't you think it is because he is going to transfer?

Why would Walker transfer? Had he not missed the last game, he could have finished in the Top 10 in TDs in only eight games.

If you were a day 1 pick, sitting out probably isn't going to hurt your stock. But I gotta think if you were a marginal day 2 guy, sitting out probably bumps you to day 3 due to the lack of recent tape and recency bias. I saw Surratt in the middle of day 2 on some boards early in the year, and now he's a 3rd-5th rounder on boards. Looking at the rankings the other day I had the thought that I'd love to see the Ravens get him in the 4th. And I think Newman has taken an even bigger hit. He was a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the beginning of the year, and he's day 3 now. But for Surratt, if the goal was to stay healthy and prepare for the combine, falling a round or so isn't a big deal in the long run. I'd also expect that the Senior Bowl and combine results this year matter more than ever given the unevenness of the season. FWIW, it looks like Newman is on the Senior Bowl list.

Yeah, Surratt could easily bounce back up to where he was just by reminding people of his impressive talents at his pro day. I would think he'd be fine.

Back