• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman NFL

Tweeted as much, figure I'll put it here too:

Sage had knee surgery on Feb. 11 to address the injury from the Senior Bowl. Puts some context on his slowish time.

You can debate whether he should've run or not if he wasn't 100% -- but him being down 10-15 pounds from his playing weight and running that slow makes zero sense ... until you know he had surgery less than 2 months ago.

Tweeted as much, figure I'll put it here too:

Sage had knee surgery on Feb. 11 to address the injury from the Senior Bowl. Puts some context on his slowish time.

You can debate whether he should've run or not if he wasn't 100% -- but him being down 10-15 pounds from his playing weight and running that slow makes zero sense ... until you know he had surgery less than 2 months ago.

He'd have been better off not running and telling teams it was because of his surgery. I like the idea of bulking up to the 230-40 range and playing TE. That's what the Ravens did with Waller with a late round pick out of GT.

NFL teams know what they are doing. Obviously, the best scenario for Sage would've been to run a sub-4.5. That said, NFL teams know Sage was hurt at the Senior Bowl, and is coming off surgery in February, There is still time for individual workouts and detailed medical analysis of his improvement (or lack of improvement). If Sage can show that his recovery is progressing, a slow pro-day six weeks after knee surgery will be put into context. Concerns about Sage's durability may impact his draft stock more than yesterday's 40 time.

Wonder why Newman didn’t run.
Justin Fields ran a 4.43 yesterday. Great speed for a guy similar in size.

Newman needs to find some new advisors. Seems to make one bad decision after another. Hope he gets drafted in any case

Newman needs to find some new advisors. Seems to make one bad decision after another. Hope he gets drafted in any case

Sometimes it's better not to get drafted and picking a team who you think you fit with best than get drafted in the 6th-7th.

Newman is a mystery at this point and I don't know if anybody is willing to spend a draft pick to unlock him. Same with Sage.

Newman is a mystery at this point and I don't know if anybody is willing to spend a draft pick to unlock him. Same with Sage.

I guarantee that Sage is at least on a PS this Fall. And Newman could make 1. But Canada could be his best bet.

You've got a stud RB in Walker transferring; also Dortch, Newman and Surratt shitting away their college and NFL chances.

What's going on with this team? Just some weird vibes on the offensive side of the ball.

You've got a stud RB in Walker transferring; also Dortch, Newman and Surratt shitting away their college and NFL chances.

What's going on with this team? Just some weird vibes on the offensive side of the ball.

I'll take overreaction for $100, Alex's replacement.

Seems like some guys go all in (Beal-Smith, Roberson, Hartman) and some guys nope out. Could mean our offensive coaches have a specific system (not just around playcalling) that players have to adapt to rather than adapting to the players they have.

Yep. All the good that Newman could have done for himself by playing at Georgia last fall has been pissed away. Once JT Daniels became the starter, the Georgia offense really started to come together and people are foaming at the mouth for Daniels now. If Newman is a competent NFL QB prospect, he would have been succesful at Georgia. Newman and his handlers are morons.

Yeah, I think Sage is pretty screwed right now. He's not going to shave two tenths off his 40 time in the next three weeks and he didn't have a good week at the Senior Bowl. He would have put up some monster stats this past season but passed on that.

I still think/hope Jamie will get picked in the top 5 rounds. It's obvious that Georgia didn't put all of the resources they had available into developing him. So some teams are going to make the assumption that they might be able to further develop him. I think he'll be in the top 10 QB's drafted this year and will go before a lot of big name school QB's who just don't have the NFL size.

I still think/hope Jamie will get picked in the top 5 rounds. It's obvious that Georgia didn't put all of the resources they had available into developing him. So some teams are going to make the assumption that they might be able to further develop him. I think he'll be in the top 10 QB's drafted this year and will go before a lot of big name school QB's who just don't have the NFL size.

How is that obvious ? Do you think they were really looking forward to starting Mathis at Arkansas in September ?

Why has Boogie apparantly dropped out of being taken in the 1st round ?

Back