• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman NFL

They're doing the 40 now. Boogie, now Sage.

The official site article said something to the effect of the "last 25 Super Bowl champs" will be in attendance.

Newman didn't run the 40.

My incredibly unreliable hand time of Surratt had him around 4.65

Sage Surratt will be a productive NFL player. If he is a late-round pick, some NFL team will get a bargain.

In 2019, WF was 7-1 heading into VT, and Surratt was essentially uncoverable. WF led into the 3rd quarter in Blacksburg and Surratt had two TDs; the VT secondary that day has a consensus 2021 1st round CB Caleb Farley. Surratt then separated his shoulder, and the WF offense went into the tank after that. Realize that there are many productive college players, but their talent doesn't translate at the NFL level. Don't see Surratt as one of those guys.

Agreed, a lot of this talk is similar to what was said about him coming out of HS. Like yeah obviously the NFL is a huge leap but the dude can just play.

I think Sage's best recent comp is JJ Acega-Whiteside and that is worrisome

The official site article said something to the effect of the "last 25 Super Bowl champs" will be in attendance.

so the Saints and Bucs are there

no word on the Panthers and Falcons

Weird seeing Stan do a TV broadcast. Overall, I'm happy with the presentation and I hope they do this for every ACC school going forward even when there is a combine.

Last season was a disappointment, but it does say something that we still managed to make a bowl with only one NFL prospect. Usually we have at least 3-4 Pro Day participants.

Wonder why Newman didn’t run.
Justin Fields ran a 4.43 yesterday. Great speed for a guy similar in size.

No idea. Newman stands out as a runner. A good 40 time for his size would help him stand out.

Here's a new profile on Newman.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jamie-newman-nfl-draft-player-profile-wake-forest-quarterback/

I think he'd be a good late round pick up for a team with an older QB who is settled at enough positions to take a flyer at QB.

Boogie said he ran a high 4.5 40 time today. Said it was his best time. He may have made himself some more money today.

4.5 40 - HOLY SH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 274 lbs.

4.5 40 - HOLY SH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 274 lbs.

Yup. Quite impressive for a man that size. He's probably better off going at the beginning of round 2. That way there's no 5th year team option, and he can hit the market earlier. And if he's in the 270 range, as opposed to the 285 range, 3-4 teams will give him a longer look as an OLB.

High 4.5 so between 4.55-4.59. He said he had done a 4.59 laser timed before, so I'm guessing this was less than that. But yeah, great run for Boogie.

Hopefully we'll find out about Sage.

Awesome performance by Boogie. We knew he was an athletic specimen but nice to cement his status with a good workout

I think if you are trying to find a shoot for the moon comp for Sage, you go Anquan Boldin.

Weird seeing Stan do a TV broadcast. Overall, I'm happy with the presentation and I hope they do this for every ACC school going forward even when there is a combine.

Last season was a disappointment, but it does say something that we still managed to make a bowl with only one NFL prospect. Usually we have at least 3-4 Pro Day participants.

WF would've had more participants in Pro Day, if not for the NCAA rule allowing for an extra year. Miles Fox, Traveon Redd, Ja'Sir Taylor and maybe Javonte Nash would've participated in pro day if they weren't coming back to WF.

WF would've had more participants in Pro Day, if not for the NCAA rule allowing for an extra year. Miles Fox, Traveon Redd, Ja'Sir Taylor and maybe Javonte Nash would've participated in pro day if they weren't coming back to WF.

I would much rather have these guys participating in Wake Forest Game Days this fall.
They can do Pro Day next year.

I think if you are trying to find a shoot for the moon comp for Sage, you go Anquan Boldin.

Boldin was explosive in a way that Surratt isn't. Walterfootball identifies him as a slower Allen Robinson. I guess that is fine.

I think Boogie’s performance in comparison to Jamie and Sage’s performance goes to show how poor of a decision it is to sit out a season. They looked really rusty. I know Sage is still being hampered by his ankle injury from the Senior Bowl. But that begs the question, if you played in the senior bowl why wouldn’t you play at Wake for a full season with film and then prepare for a Pro Day/combine?? I don’t get it.

Back