• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU goes to Orange COVID status

Evidently Wake is quarantining in a local Best Western students who have been exposed to those with Covid - but are not testing them. WTF?

Yes, this is how effective contact tracing works to control a pandemic. Symptomatic people with positive tests are isolated, and those with clear contacts are quarantined. Test results do not matter for the quarantined individuals, because they need to quarantine even if they test negative.

Yes, this is how effective contact tracing works to control a pandemic. Symptomatic people with positive tests are isolated, and those with clear contacts are quarantined. Test results do not matter for the quarantined individuals, because they need to quarantine even if they test negative.

Understood, but they matter if said students blow the coop, which is entirely possible, right?

Understood, but they matter if said students blow the coop, which is entirely possible, right?

I’m not sure I follow. The student would still potentially be infectious for 10-14 days, no matter what the test shows, so he/she should avoid contact with others during that time.

Also pretty shitty to dunk on students who have deal with a fucking global pandemic during their college years and can’t do a bunch of the fun shit we were able to do in college.

What? Like watch their alma mater win in basketball?

I’m not sure I follow. The student would still potentially be infectious for 10-14 days, no matter what the test shows, so he/she should avoid contact with others during that time.

You don't think a 20 year old is more likely to avoid contact with others if he knows that he has covid? You must not have kids.

You don't think a 20 year old is more likely to avoid contact with others if he knows that he has covid? You must not have kids.

I have kids.

You also have to look at the reverse. If the test is false negative then they’ll think they are no risk to spread it, when in reality they are a risk. That creates an even more dangerous situation. This is why if an individual had a close contact and has to quarantine, they need to do so for the recommended amount of time, and the results of a test don’t change that.

I have kids.

You also have to look at the reverse. If the test is false negative then they’ll think they are no risk to spread it, when in reality they are a risk. That creates an even more dangerous situation. This is why if an individual had a close contact and has to quarantine, they need to do so for the recommended amount of time, and the results of a test don’t change that.

I never said that the results don't change that. I simply claimed that it's odd not to test kids whom you've quarantined. That's not been my experience elsewhere, and I find it odd that Wake isn't offering tests to these kids at some point during quarantine.

To clarify, they are. I know several people who are cooped up in the Best Western because they may have been in contact with someone who tested positive. They are offered tests 4-5 days after they are admitted, but regardless of the outcome of the test, they stay in the hotel for 10 more days.

Bunch of college students arrested in Delaware for breaking the 12 person limit on indoor gatherings. College students gotta party. Some likely to be suspended or expelled from school.

Back