• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU goes to Orange COVID status

how will we adjust to the lighting difference now that there won't be a big huge section of pastels.

Only matters for the first half anyway.

This isn't a direct shot at you but please everybody stop dunking on the students. I don't know if you watched the game last week but I would say the student section was probably 80%-90% full relative to the beginning of the game in the 4th quarter. Currie has made a much more involved effort with the Screamin' Demon Rewards app and various giveaways and has really listened to student input and it looks like it is actually starting to manifest itself. It's not our fault that students support withered under an apathetic Wellman who only cared about the big donors and we are objectively headed in the right direction now.

Also pretty shitty to dunk on students who have deal with a fucking global pandemic during their college years and can’t do a bunch of the fun shit we were able to do in college.

Also pretty shitty to dunk on students who have deal with a fucking global pandemic during their college years and can’t do a bunch of the fun shit we were able to do in college.

And they're dealing with it by having parties and keeping the pandemic going. Or so I was told that's what I'm supposed to say when I see a college student doing anything.

Also tag: district faps furiously

The 10 and 25 rule has been in place all semester anyway, the orange status doesn't change that. As a student I think most of us have been doing a pretty good job of being responsible. The 25 person rule is definitely broken a decent amount but people have been doing a good job of keeping in their own social circles and not having big events combining all sorts of different groups. The reason the numbers are going up so much now is that there is a bar downtown called Earl's that is following 0 social distancing guidelines and has been absolutely packed with hundreds of students the past two weekends. Five of my friends are in isolation with the virus right now and they were all at Earl's on Thursday and Friday and are sure that's where they contracted it. Students must be held accountable, yes, but a business that has no problem totally disregarding public health regulations must also be held accountable. The pictures and videos I have seen out of that place the past two weekends makes me think they're breaking the fire code for capacity never mind the covid guidelines.

The 10 and 25 rule has been in place all semester anyway, the orange status doesn't change that. As a student I think most of us have been doing a pretty good job of being responsible. The 25 person rule is definitely broken a decent amount but people have been doing a good job of keeping in their own social circles and not having big events combining all sorts of different groups. The reason the numbers are going up so much now is that there is a bar downtown called Earl's that is following 0 social distancing guidelines and has been absolutely packed with hundreds of students the past two weekends. Five of my friends are in isolation with the virus right now and they were all at Earl's on Thursday and Friday and are sure that's where they contracted it. Students must be held accountable, yes, but a business that has no problem totally disregarding public health regulations must also be held accountable. The pictures and videos I have seen out of that place the past two weekends makes me think they're breaking the fire code for capacity never mind the covid guidelines.

It's good to hear from a current student. Thank you. It seems the students are trying, for the most part, but Earl's seems faced with the conundrum of a. pack the place and make a lot of money or b. do the right thing and minimize # of people inside, social distance outside, wear masks, which will kill their turnout and profits.

So the same conundrum many other businesses face.

It's good to hear from a current student. Thank you. It seems the students are trying, for the most part, but Earl's seems faced with the conundrum of a. pack the place and make a lot of money or b. do the right thing and minimize # of people inside, social distance outside, wear masks, which will kill their turnout and profits.

Definitely feel for small business owners that are more or less having to decide between being profitable and supporting their employees or being socially responsible. However, I feel that we as a school/local community and country should figure out a way to make it so that businesses are not deciding between failure and irresponsibility. Finding that solution can be very political and requires people way smarter than me, but as long as businesses are not getting the support they need to stay afloat they will be forced to act in ways that will only perpetuate the pandemic, which in turn perpetuates their need for financial support in a brutal cycle. Right now the situation is dire enough that the Best Western, where they are putting Covid positive or contact traced students is having to turn away students that may have had covid exposure. I'm hoping that 10 days or a couple of weeks of social isolation will allow the numbers to get back down because we were doing so well for so long.

how will we adjust to the lighting difference now that there won't be a big huge section of pastels
"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there."

That is so true--one of the classic lines of the year!

how will we adjust to the lighting difference now that there won't be a big huge section of pastels

That is so true--one of the classic lines of the year!

Get ready for another wasted year.

Seems like someone in the administration needs to call city hall and ask them to start doing their job.

Evidently Wake is quarantining in a local Best Western students who have been exposed to those with Covid - but are not testing them. WTF?

Back