• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats Alex Bachman! (Playing for Giants tonight)

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
Now let’s bring home an NFC East title for Big Blue!! đŸ¤£

Yes this is worthy of its own thread.

Kudos to Bachman.

FWIW, according the 247 recruiting database, in the HS class of 2015, Bachman was a 2 star prospect and had no other offers reported. Bachman was rated as the #254 receiver in his HS class, meaning 253 receivers in that HS class were rated above Bachman; by a quick eyeball, only about 15% of those rated above Bachman made the NFL. Guess WF is either exceptional at evaluating talent or developing players or both.

Last edited:
He has zero stats so far this season. Is he on the practice team or just not playing?

It’s implied that he’s been activated from the practice squad.

Bachman was signed to Giants Practice squad about three weeks ago. Now he has been promoted to the active roster. Let's hope he gets some playing time.

Bachman made the Rams practice squad last year. The Giants invited him to training camp this Summer, where according to reports, he had some highlights, but there were no exhibition games. He made the Giants practice squad at the start of this season. Giants have activated him tonight. If he plays, it will be his NFL debut.

Bachman made the Rams practice squad last year. The Giants invited him to training camp this Summer, where according to reports, he had some highlights, but there were no exhibition games. He made the Giants practice squad at the start of this season. Giants have activated him tonight. If he plays, it will be his NFL debut.

He was signed to Giants practice squad, then cut after the first game. He was re-signed to the Giants practice squad on October 6.

While Riley Skinner apparently had no 2nd thoughts about not pursuing an NFL career (IIRC the Giants wanted to sign him), I still think he'd have had a nice career as a clipboard holder and possibly more given the right opportunity.

While Riley Skinner apparently had no 2nd thoughts about not pursuing an NFL career (IIRC the Giants wanted to sign him), I still think he'd have had a nice career as a clipboard holder and possibly more given the right opportunity.

Riley attended the Giants mini-rookie camp and was signed. I actually met him at the rookie camp hotel - a fellow rookie (punter out of ECU, IIRC) noticed my WFU71 license plate and called Riley down to the lobby.

I was in and out watching the game and I didn't see him on the field.

Maybe he played special teams.

Last edited:
he was in a few snaps on Offense -- helped to have DVR

Back