• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nick Andersen - John Feinstein is a pretentious douche on Twitter

I personally had to click "more tweets". I'm guessing the word "douche" made Twitter kind of hide it. Or maybe Twitter knows of my own policy for engagement here on OGB and was replicating it.

Always a good thing to turn down positive press from a national writer.

No problem with Nick's declining to speak, but it would seem odd for the SID to not at least refer Feinstein's request to Clawson.

Now, if the SID said "Hey Dave is going to address this in detail on the coach's show, if that doesn't cover what you need let me know" that's one thing. But if he said "No you can't talk to Dave - just listen to the show" then that's a big fail on Wake's part.

And FWIW Feinstein has given Wake plenty of good publicity through years - certainly much more good than bad.

Some of y'all bitch when we don't get coverage - then bitch when people want to cover us but can't.

All of that can be true and it still doesn’t change that the tweeting tantrum was a really bad look.

We don’t even know the nature of Feinstein’s request or how the SID declined the request. It could have been because Andersen has a lot of classes on Monday and as we all know Tuesday is the busiest day of the week at Wake.

Does all of this come down to a spat between Will Pantages (the WF Football SID) and Feinstein? FWIW, WF hired Pantages from University of Florida last fall.

Feinstein's side goes off the rails when he says (in CAPS) "A REAL SID TELLS kid to do it" (sic).

Not sure what is going on with Nick Andersen's day/week, but if Andersen tells Pantages, that he doesn't want to do any media. That's the end of it. Andersen's not even on a scholarship; he doesn't owe WF or the media a thing at this point; his parents are paying WF a lot of money to go to attend classes. Columbia wanted him. If he's juggling classes, the 5 am practices (yes, the Deacs practice BEFORE class), injuries (Andersen was banged up), got to give him space if he wants it. The lack of self awareness to publicly whine about this is bizarre.

Last edited:
Maybe it's Wake but somewhere has a policy that freshmen don't do media. I like that general philosophy.

There were some Nick Andersen quotes used in the USA Today article about him.

I like how Nick Anderson had his chance to celebrate on Saturday and Sunday and now wants to move forward and focus on the future...getting ready to beat Syracuse.

Always a good thing to turn down positive press from a national writer.

No problem with Nick's declining to speak, but it would seem odd for the SID to not at least refer Feinstein's request to Clawson.

Now, if the SID said "Hey Dave is going to address this in detail on the coach's show, if that doesn't cover what you need let me know" that's one thing. But if he said "No you can't talk to Dave - just listen to the show" then that's a big fail on Wake's part.

And FWIW Feinstein has given Wake plenty of good publicity through years - certainly much more good than bad.

Some of y'all bitch when we don't get coverage - then bitch when people want to cover us but can't.
At what point does being a Boomer change you? May I die before this age.

I like how Nick Anderson had his chance to celebrate on Saturday and Sunday and now wants to move forward and focus on the future...getting ready to beat Syracuse.

YES. That is most likely the primary deal here.
Plus, the very young man is likely smart enough to have perspective: The Team needs to be spotlighted, not an individual already spotlighted who had one heck of a game at the inception of hopefully a long career in P5 ball. Why hog the spotlight at this stage anyway?

This young man isn't Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. In spite of Johnny Tantrum's advice, Andersen doesn't have to do what is immediately opportunistic for a person with selfish personal interests especially when you're more clever than Johnny Tantrum.

My three suitemates and I all got blocked by Feinstein. Well worth it. Dude responds to tweets within minutes. Get a life, Johnny.

Monday is the only day the players get a day off from ALL football commitments. If Feinstein wanted to talk to Nick today, this could definitely be a reason for the request to be denied.

There’s something about crusty boomer sportswriters. Peter King had it in for Cam Newton for years for refusing to speak to him at training camp his rookie year.

Feinstein comes off as a huge defensive douche, but this does seem like a missed opportunity for Wake and for Nick. Love it or hate it, the Washington Post is a top 3 newspaper in this country, and it would have been good exposure for the program.

Taking 15 minutes out of your day to answer a couple of softball questions doesn’t seem like that much to ask.

Feinstein comes off as a huge defensive douche, but this does seem like a missed opportunity for Wake and for Nick. Love it or hate it, the Washington Post is a top 3 newspaper in this country, and it would have been good exposure for the program.

Taking 15 minutes out of your day to answer a couple of softball questions doesn’t seem like that much to ask.

agree with both points

Einstein's second line spells it out. "it's better for HIM if he does.".
Evidently Andersen knows what TEAM means and that the scheme and teammates helped him make many great plays. He will earn more chances for notoriety.

Pretty sure the rest of the sports world and recruits know about the Nick Andersen story despite Feinstein's whining. Maybe he learned it from K?

Feinstein has given Wake good publicity over the years. I’m confused why Clawson wouldn’t want to be involved in a positive fluff piece about a player and the program by a well known and respected sports writer who has been around a long time that will run nationally..

Feinstein has given Wake good publicity over the years. I’m confused why Clawson wouldn’t want to be involved in a positive fluff piece about a player and the program by a well known and respected sports writer who has been around a long time that will run nationally..

It is insinuated by Feinstein that Clawson wasn't told of the request. Who knows.

Back