• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nick Andersen - John Feinstein is a pretentious douche on Twitter

Pretty sure the rest of the sports world and recruits know about the Nick Andersen story despite Feinstein's whining. Maybe he learned it from K?

ESPNU radio discussed it at length this morning on First Team. Very positive.

They have an awesome niche following. I’m gonna go with the guy who has multiple NY times best selling books over 35 years plus radio and tv shows and broadcasting over the other two guys. How many americans can even name a single espn anchor these days? Relevant among the 40 year olds and younger who still watch weekday espn does not mean they are more well known across total population

Anyway on that note i am out. Agree to disagree. But i take comfort in knowing i am right.

Did not mean to find myself defending Wilbon and Kornheiser here, but you realize they both have 40+ years of sports reporting / writing, radio, and Tv broadcasting, right? They aren't just ESPN anchors.

I am back after all. My point changed over the course of the responses. Let me restate, feinstein is equally as well known as kornheiser and wilbon. My point is that he isn’t trying to be those guys, he already is on the same level. 5M is a big following on twitter for wilbon. Impressive. Anyway i believe as many people in america have read a feinstein book as have seen a singlenepisode of PTI. Probably more. Fin.

Listened to Clawson this morning on Packer and Durham and made a comment eluding to Nick not wanting attention, rather wanting the team as a whole to be appreciated. Seems like a good dude and mature for a freshman.

I imagine our SID could've done better with this response but it doesn't take away from the fact Feinstein handled this poorly.

I am back after all. My point changed over the course of the responses. Let me restate, feinstein is equally as well known as kornheiser and wilbon. My point is that he isn’t trying to be those guys, he already is on the same level. 5M is a big following on twitter for wilbon. Impressive. Anyway i believe as many people in america have read a feinstein book as have seen a singlenepisode of PTI. Probably more. Fin.

So your argument is that more people have read a book by one guy than have watched a 30 min show that has aired for 19 years on the leading sports network.

CliffsNotes: Feinstein didn't get his boots licked like he thought he should have by our new SID and a walk-on Wake freshman, so he whined about it like a child and a bunch of Wake Twitter users licked his boots for him.

There’s probably literally a handful of people that have read a Feinstein book and NOT seen PTI. Conversely there are tons and tons of people that watch PTI and have barely more than a passing knowledge of who Feinstein is.

FWIW - A Season on the Brink, which I believe is Feinstein's most famous book, sold about 2M copies.

It looks like PTI averages 700-800k viewers a day.

Feinstein comes off as a whiny little bitch. Can't believe a successful, grown man wrote that.

Holy shit dude, just take the L.

Yeah this Feinstein vs PTI guys is asinine, like could not be more wrong. Most people have no fucking clue who he is in comparison to them.

So your argument is that more people have read a book by one guy than have watched a 30 min show that has aired for 19 years on the leading sports network.

you must not be familiar with recency bias. feinstein was the most prominent sports author of the 80s and 90s. when there was no internet or sports talk on tv and audiences were not fractured. unless all those people who read his stuff in the 80s or 90s are now dead.

you must not be familiar with recency bias. feinstein was the most prominent sports author of the 80s and 90s. when there was no internet or sports talk on tv and audiences were not fractured. unless all those people who read his stuff in the 80s or 90s are now dead.

And he was a blowhard back then too.

Mitch Albom was pretty fucking popular then too.

CliffsNotes: Feinstein didn't get his boots licked like he thought he should have by our new SID and a walk-on Wake freshman, so he whined about it like a child and a bunch of Wake Twitter users licked his boots for him.

I didn’t lick his fking boots. He blocked me for successfully countering every childish comment he made. Hard to believe he tweets like Trump. Lost a lot of respect for him.

Feinstein is well known and well respected and has treated Wake well historically. What the hell good is accomplished by playing him “like an obese fiddle”?

What the hell does Andersen need Feinstein for? He is fulfilling his dream to play D1 football and getting an education at the same time. It is absurdly arrogant of Feinstein to say the SID needs to make the kids understand that talking to Feinstien is in the kid's best interest. Feinstein doesn't care about Andersen. He wants his story.
He asked. We said no. Move on. This isn't a big deal except that Feinstein made it one because he didn't get want he wants, not because he is concerned about Andersen's wellbeing.

Back