• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nick Andersen - John Feinstein is a pretentious douche on Twitter

you must not be familiar with recency bias. feinstein was the most prominent sports author of the 80s and 90s. when there was no internet or sports talk on tv and audiences were not fractured. unless all those people who read his stuff in the 80s or 90s are now dead.

And during that same time, Wilbon and Kornheiser were sportswriters for the Washington Post and also had a pretty big following.

We're having a discussion about who is relevant now, so yes, recency does matter.

I enjoyed "A March to Madness" even though the story didn't end well for the Deacs.

Same. Gut punch of a read. The book starts out like an introduction of a Wake Forest national championship run.

Now Dillon Fence is going to argue that more people read Feinstein than watch the NBC Nightly News.

I haven’t watched the network nightly news in decades. This is great.

Yeah, that's nice publicity. Hopefully President Shithead doesn't do something that will wreck the planned broadcast in the next three hours.

I'm guessing something exclusive was promised NBCNews, and, when Feinstein was a dick about not getting Andersen, the SID returned the favor by being a dick about Clawson.

Oh man this is great.

Feinstein is already pissing all over Wake fans and saying this confirms what he was saying yesterday. Fuck that guy

The day this dick writes a negative word about Duke and Coach K will be the day he becomes an honest journalist. He's in the protection racket.

I had no idea Feinstein was that petty, but holy shit, what a tiny little man

I guess Lester Holt and NBC Nightly News doing a feature story was probably a better deal

This is just a delicious plot twist.

No one earns getting a pass for being a whiny douche when an 18 year old won’t take your calls.

This is correct. The fact that we think someone has “earned the right to be a dick” says all you need to know about America, or 2020, or humanity, or something.

This ass kisser in John's replies claims to be a "proud WFU alumni" but lists "fan of Duke Basketball" in bio.

Fuck this guy.

Wake Forest football is not relevant nationally. A respected writer wants to do a puff piece that will show the school, player and coach in a good light. Many people would read it. It would be a good thing and make the football program relevant for a minute. Wake fans would seem to want this. Wake Forest fans don’t want this and would rather delight in some pissing tweets back and forth between people who don’t understand media and Feinstein, which will blow over in 5 minutes. So nothing positive about Wake Forest is written and our relationship with Feinstein sours for no reason. And people are delighted. Makes sense.

Clawson can’t spend 15 minutes on the phone with Feinstein AND do a piece for NBC Nightly News?

No one watches 6:30 network newscasts anymore.

This is such a strange thread.

It is possible that Feinstein was not completely flexible in his request to the WF SID; we are hearing his side of the story only

NBC News averaged 8.27 million viewers per night last year

Back