• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nick Andersen - John Feinstein is a pretentious douche on Twitter

This ass kisser in John's replies claims to be a "proud WFU alumni" but lists "fan of Duke Basketball" in bio.

Fuck this guy.

You'd be surprised at how many Wake grads outwardly root for Duke over the Deacs. I'm talking about Board Of Trustees type people.....

This ass kisser in John's replies claims to be a "proud WFU alumni" but lists "fan of Duke Basketball" in bio.

Fuck this guy.

He has a BS from Wake and an MBA from Duke. He was on our varsity track team.

Wake Forest football is not relevant nationally. A respected writer wants to do a puff piece that will show the school, player and coach in a good light. Many people would read it. It would be a good thing and make the football program relevant for a minute. Wake fans would seem to want this. Wake Forest fans don’t want this and would rather delight in some pissing tweets back and forth between people who don’t understand media and Feinstein, which will blow over in 5 minutes. So nothing positive about Wake Forest is written and our relationship with Feinstein sours for no reason. And people are delighted. Makes sense.

You can simultaneously want more national press for the Deacs and also realize that John Feinstein is being a gigantic poopy pants toddler about this whole situation and take some amusement in that.

Last edited:
I imagine there were a lot more requests than Feinstein's request. Clawson has never been a fan of freshmen engaging with media. Andersen was all "we" not "me" in his brief postgame interview. Put those together and you get a lid on interviews. Add a whiny writer spewing sour grapes, twitter, facebook and other sources of opinion and you end up with way too much ado about nothing. Hopefully, NBC News allows Clawson and Andersen the opportunity for explanation and closure.

OK. Our market is the 70+ year old grannies who stick around until the feel good segment the last two minutes of the 6:30 broadcast. Those same grannies then get ready for bed. Wake Forest football has advanced in the national conscience. Those are the people we want to reach.

OK. Our market is the 70+ year old grannies who stick around until the feel good segment the last two minutes of the 6:30 broadcast. Those same grannies then get ready for bed. Wake Forest football has advanced in the national conscience. Those are the people we want to reach.

What are the demographics like for a newspaper columnist?

Our market is 16-18 year old kids who are good at football, and they neither watch NBC News nor read Feinstein's articles

But they will watch a video (taken from NBC News) tweeted out by WF Football featuring the coach and a player who was just named national defensive player of the week

Wake Football definitely needs more attention with 45-60 year old white dudes who still subscribe to SI for the swimsuit issue and wish athletes would shut up and dribble.

It's so weird watching people jump to Feinstein's defense and trusting that his childish rant is somehow the whole truth. A grown ass man that gets that upset over a perceived "slight" is not someone you trust to give all the details. My kids never give the full story when they are throwing tamptrums.

I can’t believe people are going all in on defending Feinstein, claiming some relevant audience, somehow dismissing NBC nightly news, comparing him to PTI, etc... tell me when I google Kornheiser or Wilbon will i get results for a sports journalist but when I google Feinstein is it possible all that populates is a geriatric senator from California?

A teenager didn't want to talk to him so he through a hissy fit on Twitter. Brilliant.

It's so weird watching people jump to Feinstein's defense and trusting that his childish rant is somehow the whole truth. A grown ass man that gets that upset over a perceived "slight" is not someone you trust to give all the details. My kids never give the full story when they are throwing tamptrums.

A grown man with decades of professional experience as a sportswriter threw a hissy fit because an 18 year old walk-on decided he didn’t want to do an interview. It’s absolutely pathetic. Just because it would have been good publicity the kid should be coerced into doing it? I honestly do not see the other side of this situation.

It has now been said by Clawson and Currie that it was Nick’s decision to not conduct the interview because he felt like it was putting him above the team. You would think that would put this pointless twitter rant by a grown man to rest.

You can simultaneously want more national press for the Deacs and also realize that John Feinstein is being a gigantic poppy pants toddler about this whole situation and take some amusement in that.

This is where I’m at with the whole thing.

Also, I’m Clawson’s presser he asked Les and all the guys at the end if they wanted to do it next week, since they typically don’t before a bye week. Clawson said something around the lines of “Will this help you guys write some stories if we do it next week? You know Wake football is media friendly”...Then they all joked about the Feinstein thing without actually saying Feinstein’s name. Presser is worth the listen.

Back