• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nick Andersen - John Feinstein is a pretentious douche on Twitter

Who said that it would? Can words on paper or a screen make a difference to the future success of Wake Athletics?

Potentially yes. Wake Forest football gets in front of eyeballs that would never dream of watching a game or giving 5 seconds to thinking about Wake Forest football.

Might get a recruit or two who wouldn't consider Wake to at least listen when Clawson or staff calls.

Was reading to the kid and missed it. Any way to watch it?

UTube will have it but not up yet. This is a very heartwarming story that will interest many journalists. Although Junior Feinstein at 60 is certainly self-entitled, it would have been benefitial for Wake to obtain favorable publicity in the Washington Post. After all, the DMV is a fertile area for Wake recruiting in all sports. The SID's job is to assist Feinstein in doing just that. We don't know the SID's side of the story, but it sounds like he didn't very hard to make the interview happen. If Andersen didn't want to do it, that is his choice. It does seem like we are playing favorites by doing NBC nightly news and not the Washington Post. I bet Junior has not been "big-timed" many times before.

Potentially yes. Wake Forest football gets in front of eyeballs that would never dream of watching a game or giving 5 seconds to thinking about Wake Forest football.

Might get a recruit or two who wouldn't consider Wake to at least listen when Clawson or staff calls.

Wonder how many grandparents saw the NBC News piece told their grandsons they should consider playing at Wake Forest.

10,000 views on Twitter
4,000 views on Facebook
4,000 views on Instagram

Nice job SID

But what about the 60 year olds that still take the Post? Think of how meaningful it would’ve been to be able to send a long winded article from Glorified Lenox Rawlings to a bunch of recruits who have never read a newspaper in print form!

But what about the 60 year olds that still take the Post? Think of how meaningful it would’ve been to be able to send a long winded article from Glorified Lenox Rawlings to a bunch of recruits who have never read a newspaper in print form!

Post has a pretty good e-edition. Covers a lot of NoVA HS sports as well as MD and DC

Have a hard time calling a 60+ year old man, other than RJKarl, a bitch but Feinstein deserves it.

No recruits read the WaPo or whatever the fuck that news was. Holy shit waiting for the interview was painful.

I've enjoyed some of Feinstein's books but he is way over the line with this. His initial tweet began with the "Apocalypse is upon me" because an SID wouldn't force a college freshman to talk to him. Talk about an overinflated sense of self-importance.

And I don't get people talking down about the NBC interview. It's not like a recruit is going to see it and say "Fuck that. Only old people watch NBC news. I was interested in Wake but no way now."

I've enjoyed some of Feinstein's books but he is way over the line with this. His initial tweet began with the "Apocalypse is upon me" because an SID wouldn't force a college freshman to talk to him. Talk about an overinflated sense of self-importance.

And I don't get people talking down about the NBC interview. It's not like a recruit is going to see it and say "Fuck that. Only old people watch NBC news. I was interested in Wake but no way now."

The best thing about the NBC news thing is that now with the internet, people can pull it up and watch it anytime they want. I'm sure no where near as many people watch the network news live as they used to, but now a person hears, "NBC national news did a piece on Nick Anderson" and they can go pull it up on Youtube or whatever. I'm turning 50 tomorrow, so I actually remember the days of when if something was coming on the news you wanted to see, you actually had to watch the full 30 minutes to see it. Heck, I didn't watch live last night, I DVR'ed it and FF'ed until it got to our story. Not to mention not near as many people would have even known that NBC was going to do that if it weren't for the internet, social media, etc. It was really cool and a big deal.

it would have been benefitial for Wake to obtain favorable publicity in the Washington Post. After all, the DMV is a fertile area for Wake recruiting in all sports.

I think you may not have your finger on the pulse of today's youth

The only reporter worth a shit is Margaret Johnson

url

Anybody have an easily shareable clip of the piece?

[video]https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/wake-forest-football-walk-on-freshman-receives-scholarship-after-leading-team-to-victory-94800453892[/video]
Anybody have an easily shareable clip of the piece?

Racer and thatguy nailed it. Of course recruits aren’t sitting around watching NBC Nightly News. But they are on social media non-stop and now we have an nice puff piece on a national platform that we can blast everywhere.

I note that Nick Andersen is from the DC area and I'll speculate that we would have beaten State with Nick on the field.

Back