• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Cuse - Halloween Noon - ACCN

walker already has 11 rush TDs. barclays career high in a season was 12.

Today, Walker passed six players including Ovie Mughelli and Micah Andrews to tie Matt Colburn and Mark Young for 16th on the career TD list with 15 TDs.

I’m really surprised Colburn didn’t have more. But he only had the opportunity to play behind a good line for 2 years.

I’m really surprised Colburn didn’t have more. But he only had the opportunity to play behind a good line for 2 years.

If he had gotten to play Louisville a few more times with a good line...

Today, Walker passed six players including Ovie Mughelli and Micah Andrews to tie Matt Colburn and Mark Young for 16th on the career TD list with 15 TDs.

Shows how the college game has changed: instead of the QB under center and handing the ball to your stud FB and letting the O-line do their job, teams now often go shotgun/spread from the 1-2 yard line.
If anyone has the stat, would be interesting to know the length of "runs" for each of Ovie's TD's. I'm guessing they were almost 100% within the 5 yard line.
I really miss the utilization of the fullback.

This is a 1-5 team that lost to LIBERTY and is missing, among others, their starting QB, RB and best safety. We have dominated the entire half and lead by 3. So. Fucking. Typical.

Do you ever look back at your pathetic hot takes? In Claw we Trust

Where is the lie?

Ph said it more effectively than I did. We were playing like shit against a very poor team. It’s a game thread where passionate people overreact when watching the game. Many others had the same thoughts. I like Clawson plenty and have posted as much here but I also have high expectations at this point in his tenure. I know he does also and I doubt he was thrilled with our play in the first half.

Ph said it more effectively than I did. We were playing like shit against a very poor team. It�s a game thread where passionate people overreact when watching the game. Many others had the same thoughts. I like Clawson plenty and have posted as much here but I also have high expectations at this point in his tenure. I know he does also and I doubt he was thrilled with our play in the first half.

And when I said “so fucking typical” that was in reference to general life as a Wake fan. Nothing to do with Clawson or this team specifically. Just like I posted prior to the game that we always seem to underperform when we are clearly favored against a crappy team we should easily beat.

Why would beating a 1-5 team get us ranked?

Maybe because the ranked team we beat last week won today to go 4-2 in the ACC and their only loss besides us was to #8 UNC so our win over them is valued more. Or that 3 top 20 teams have already lost today with 2-3 more probable tonight. Or that #19 Marshall got ppd so they couldn't put up a dominating show like the Deacs did today, albeit against a weak Syracuse team but one that did trail #1 Clemson 27-21 in Q3.
Maybe you think VT should be ranked again?

Maybe because the ranked team we beat last week won today to go 4-2 in the ACC and their only loss besides us was to #8 UNC so our win over them is valued more. Or that 3 top 20 teams have already lost today with 2-3 more probable tonight. Or that #19 Marshall got ppd so they couldn't put up a dominating show like the Deacs did today, albeit against a weak Syracuse team but one that did trail #1 Clemson 27-21 in Q3.
Maybe you think VT should be ranked again?

The bolder are reasons we might get ranked, VT beating Louisville isn’t really relevant to us getting a ranking IMO.

I don’t expect to be ranked unless we beat UNC. Just like last season.

For the record, we came into today #15 in the Sagarin ratings.

In watching the replay I don't think it was our sharpest offensive performance or Sam's sharpest performance but hey was a easy solid win on the road in the ACC so you can take it and move on

Wake's offense is multi dimensional, with Sam Hartman making good decisions on the pass/run.

CBS and KWIII have both become better running backs than we saw last December. If teams stack the box, Hartman can throw well and has the receivers and O-line to make it work.

If teams play heavy coverage, both CBS and KWIII can make them pay.

The freshmen have really solidified the back end of the defense. Those guys have been the unexpected bonus answer to the question of who was going to play pass defense. The D-line now seems to have settled in and os doing what we thought they would do in preseason prognostication.

Back