• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Cuse - Halloween Noon - ACCN

Back to Saturday's game, WF is 1-6 the last 7 times as a away favorite.

Some other tidbits:

- Since Cuse's starting QB (Tommy DeVito) is out, they have been playing Rex Culpepper who has not played well (under 50% completions with 4 TDs and 4 picks. So, there is talk that Cuse may start true frosh Dillon Markiewicz, who played a few snaps against Clemson last week. Also, the Orange's top RB, Sean Tucker, and top WR, Taj Harris, were hurt against Clemson. Their status this week is unknown.

WF rarely brings its A game when it's a favorite (not counting the games against Elon and Campbell). This is game that WF should win, but not sure if it will be comfortable.

Good info. Thanks Pilch.
For the Deacs, we have a few injuries but overall are pretty healthy and are playing well. Our preparations seem good And our mentality has been an asset in recent games. I’m expecting this team to stay focused and execute at a high level regardless of who we’re playing. At least that’s what I expect the coaches are saying.
If we play well, this could be a 20+ point win.

In the defensive secondary I like the attitude of Taylor, Carson, Andersen, et. al. running counter to a let down.
Surely, the Beef Boys understand they have not played the Big Boys of Miami, ND and UNC yet, so no time to take a game off.
Same goes for the defensive lineman including Boogie: Can't play selfish. Play assignment and containment even if the big TFL appears passed up.
Most importantly, Hartman and Roberson still have a lot to prove and these games are the ones you really do it in from a programatic perspective.
If you're an 11 point favorite and you play like a dog then you probably are a dog.
Can't have that and then claim you belong in games with the likes of UNC, Miami and ND.

We haven't beaten Cuse since we put up 64 on them three years ago. Wouldn't mind doing that again.

Back to Saturday's game, WF is 1-6 the last 7 times as a away favorite.

Some other tidbits:

- Since Cuse's starting QB (Tommy DeVito) is out, they have been playing Rex Culpepper who has not played well (under 50% completions with 4 TDs and 4 picks. So, there is talk that Cuse may start true frosh Dillon Markiewicz, who played a few snaps against Clemson last week. Also, the Orange's top RB, Sean Tucker, and top WR, Taj Harris, were hurt against Clemson. Their status this week is unknown.

WF rarely brings its A game when it's a favorite (not counting the games against Elon and Campbell). This is game that WF should win, but not sure if it will be comfortable.

Harris wasn't hurt, they left him in Syracuse for disciplinary reasons. He did something on the sideline during the Liberty loss that earned him that one.

Talked to Syracuse student journalists today and they said his status for this game is unknown; seemed like nobody on the beat knew he'd miss last week's game until an hour or two before kickoff.

FWIW, saw that WF is leading the nation in turnover margin. The Deacs are +11. Through 6 games WF has only turned the ball over once, CBS fumble at State in September. By way of comparison, Duke has 22 turnovers this year. Pretty amazing.

The good news is that shows that WF is well coached. The bad news is that in addition to coaching there is some randomness to turnovers; so, you would think that the TO margin would regress as the season goes on.

I hate going up to Syracuse and BC. Almost always a tougher game than expected.

You hope so because that’s been one of the longest running jokes in college football, it seems.

Its going to chilly at Cuse on Saturday (in the 40s), and there aren't going to be many people in the Dome. So, keeping it cool in the Dome shouldn't be a problem.

did they add AC to the building that's named for an AC company but doesn't have it?

Apparently they are in the process of installing A/C but it isn't done yet. As noted, little need for A/C in Syracuse in the fall or winter, so with any luck it will be done by the time what counts as warm weather up there comes around. Supposed to be a little cool down here in Beaufort this weekend, so I'm sure it will be cold up in Central NY.

did they add AC to the building that's named for an AC company but doesn't have it?

I never understood that. If you’re going to pay big bucks to put your name on something, make sure it creates a positive impression.

BTW, the Carrier Dome is undergoing renovations that will replace the roof and add air conditioning to the whole building, to be completed in 2022.

I will say we effectively beat the Cuse with Sam behind center instead of Jamie so we have that going for us??

Back