• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Strong moral convictions can be very bad: Hidden Brain, NPR

Donkey Deac Doug

Loves Dicks
Reaction score

Who is Brian and why is he hiding.

ok, but beyond that - this doesn't seem particularly noteworthy/like new news. "Get off your high horse" is an old saying, and not by accident.

ok, but beyond that - this doesn't seem particularly noteworthy/like new news. "Get off your high horse" is an old saying, and not by accident.

The idea that strong moral convictions have the potential to blind the holder to reality may not be new, but it's certainly interesting to hear about the permutations that can stem from it.

Yeah I remember this one poster insisting Trump was their “perfect policy President” for [reasons] and then those [reasons] were shown to be complete bullshit in reality. That was an interesting permutation.

I mean, I agree that religion is dumb and a coping mechanism for weak and/or naive people.

Is that what we’re saying?

Back