• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the kids around to a few neighbors and family members' houses and carving another pumpkin since we got way too much Halloween spirit and carved the first one about 2 weeks ago. It disintegrated on our porch. We were gonna all dress up like like Frozen characters(I had to be lame-ass Kristoff) but the 2yo threw a shit fit and wouldn't wear her Anna costume so now she's gonna be stuffed into a 1yo Minnie Mouse costume, the 5yo is Elsa, the wife is repurposing her old Ariel costume and I get to be the most badass Disney character ever, Gaston.

Then after they go to bed I'm gonna watch Halloween and drink bourbon until I can't feel feelings anymore.

Another example of why we are kindred spirits. Especially the last part.

I'm a huge Gaston fan, but no costume for me this year. We couldn't agree on a family theme. Oldest daughter is going to be Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). 4 yo daughter changes her mind every day on a costume. 2 yo boy getting stuffed in old Daniel Tiger costume that each of the girls wore when they were two.

Our street is doing Halloween pretty much as normal this year, except with tables up near the road instead of going to everyone's door. Should ultimately be better, I think. There is usually a huge neighborhood party on the other side of our development, but that isn't happening this year. I'll miss the free booze, but the new normal should be just fine (and closer).

We're going to dinner with our in-laws, sitting outside at a French restaurant. Will bring the boy in costume (Ewok). Couldn't really do trick or treating where I live since it's on a busy road and since he's an infant it would be just getting candy for ourselves. Maybe next year we'll go to some friends' house who live in more of a neighborhood and t or t from there.

I knew BBD was from Phoenix interesting to find out the rest of yall there too.

Gonna be a colossal dick here and say I wish the libs of this board cared as much about the material conditions in people's lives as the names they were called. Not defending knight and creamy's arrested development by any means, but in the scheme of things, there are lots worse things to do, like...support Trump.

Anyway, gonna go make a tuna melt. God tier sandwich when done correctly, when done incorrectly, just awful.

lol, in response to the rep I just got from creamy:

1.) being close to gay people doesn't give you the right to use terms associated with them pejoratively, *even if* they don't seem to mind you don't so

2.) as an admitted trump voter, you probably don't get to point to whatever social activism you do as proof that you don't hold bigoted views, but hey, good on you for donating to the salvation army or whatever the fuck

1- you, anyone else here don't make the rules.

2- I voted for Trump in 2016 and admitted it, since many were afraid to. I also made it very clear I'm not voting him this time around. As far as the other part, you couldn't be more misguided but that's OK. Because I take solace knowing I'm a benefit to society and have changed lives for the better along the way.

there is a halloween parade in my neighborhood but they are ticketing it to keep numbers down for safety (free tickets, but online registration)

we tried to register for the infant/toddler time slot but it was full

there are some awesome houses decorated in petworth, man, people must have spent hundreds if not thousands on these decorations

I am intrigued on how this will be monitored. Is there only one way in & one way out? Who is enforcing the tickets?

why do you think calling people "gay snowflakes" works as a joke, though? like maybe break down the "joke" a bit

I think you'll find that the only way it works as humor is if there's an agreement between you and the person you're saying it to that it's funny to be gay

and even then, it's a lazy fucking joke with no actual structure or punchline, but that's more of a criticism of your sense of humor than your taste

while i am certainly guilty of having called someone gay, a fag, or a retard, i have tried to eliminate it based first on the fact that people find it offensive. This is a "what will people think of me" focus. As I have grown up a little, I have also become more aware of how it actually makes other people feel, so that's more incentive to eliminate it. This is moving to a "what do I think of others" focus, and it feels more kind to me. I think your bolded comment above is a helpful way of viewing why it sometimes seems funny vs not. And i absolutely fail at this pattern of thinking on plenty of days.

Gonna be a colossal dick here and say I wish the libs of this board cared as much about the material conditions in people's lives as the names they were called. Not defending knight and creamy's arrested development by any means, but in the scheme of things, there are lots worse things to do, like...support Trump.

Anyway, gonna go make a tuna melt. God tier sandwich when done correctly, when done incorrectly, just awful.

i for one do not care about creamy's material condition

I am intrigued on how this will be monitored. Is there only one way in & one way out? Who is enforcing the tickets?

no idea! they had a "suggested donation to cover the permits" so i'm guessing they are going through the trouble of closing off streets and such, but once i saw tickets were sold out i didn't bother looking into it much further. we take a daily fam walk through the neighborhood and gawk at the awesome decorations anyway, so we won't really miss much, plus he'll be 6 weeks old for it as it is.

I just changed and dressed the boy for a doctor's appointment and she asked me to put him in a long sleeve onesies. We only have 3-4 of them, and one of them is a Bachelor "rose material" themed tacky onesie that her friend gave us. So of course I dressed him in that and my wife is not amused.

I however think it is hilarious, and 100% did it just to needle the wife. It is all about the small victories.

Bullshit asshole nobody likes the tuna here.

if she wants the kid dressed a certain way, she can do it.

Over the pandemic we started making these out of wheat wraps and tuna quesadillas are somehow amazingly delicious.

again, gonna be a big dick here but in my experience especially on teh politics board i don't see a lot of empathy for people outside this in-group of privilege

i relayed a story of a family member killing himself after rationing medical care from continued unemployment and drastic poverty and was met with "he should have voted democrat" as the subtextual response. i am closer to empathizing with the 40-60% of nonvoters who think nobody will improve their lives via govt than i am with either party in 2020. i think i get more radicalized with each passing month of do-nothingness from our leaders. i think the earth will be largely uninhabitable in either my son or his children's lifetime, which seems like a bigger deal than knight going "wow that's big gay." i guess you try and control the things you can control.

also i might be completely out of serotonin from lack of sleep

last night as I was leaving my brother's apartment I was trying to handle the mask-glasses-hearing aid mess that is behind my ears and one of my hearing aids got slingshotted by the mask strap, so I just hired a metal detectorist who found it in some bushes in a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back