• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think we two have very many pronounced differences on this board. We're pretty closely aligned when it comes to wake sports stuff.

Just disagree fundamentally on whether or not knight is clever or funny.

I just realized that I've only legitimately, honestly hated like 3 people I've personally known in my entire life. And all 3 of them died very premature, unfortunate, some would say tragic deaths. Is it possible that I have untapped subconscious psychic abilities that could be weaponized for government use, and who would I contact about that?

Very diplomatic post, and actually I find that to be an extremely reasonable response. In fact, all I really asked of you above was to think about the way that stuff like this can impact other people.

I'm not personally offended by most of what I read on this board (knight's bs included), but I always think it's worth talking about the impact of punching down. Good reminder to me too.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure we'd have zero problem drinking a beer at a tailgate or any other time or place.

I also don't think we two have very many pronounced differences on this board. We're pretty closely aligned when it comes to wake sports stuff.

Just disagree fundamentally on whether or not knight is clever or funny.

Glad to be on the same page. Peace and love to all of my boards friends. Even the ones who cut the deepest.

I just realized that I've only legitimately, honestly hated like 3 people I've personally known in my entire life. And all 3 of them died very premature, unfortunate, some would say tragic deaths. Is it possible that I have untapped subconscious psychic abilities that could be weaponized for government use, and who would I contact about that?

Were they bullies that were into hard drugs and had deep insecurities that they would internalize and lash out on other people? Because I knew a handful of kids like that as well, who ended up either overdosing or getting in fatal car accidents.

Were they bullies that were into hard drugs and had deep insecurities that they would internalize and lash out on other people? Because I knew a handful of kids like that as well, who ended up either overdosing or getting in fatal car accidents.

You have the same power? Join me.

DG3 died?

I don't think I've ever hated anyone I knew IRL, although I did attend the 2009 SC GOP Convention as a favor to my friend who was interning for the Lt. Governor at the time and pretty much all of those people can DIAF. Just a gross collection of individuals.

Last edited:
while i am certainly guilty of having called someone gay, a fag, or a retard, i have tried to eliminate it based first on the fact that people find it offensive. This is a "what will people think of me" focus. As I have grown up a little, I have also become more aware of how it actually makes other people feel, so that's more incentive to eliminate it. This is moving to a "what do I think of others" focus, and it feels more kind to me. I think your bolded comment above is a helpful way of viewing why it sometimes seems funny vs not. And i absolutely fail at this pattern of thinking on plenty of days.

I don't like having to post a clip of Louis CK, but I'm reminded of this scene from his show that very eloquently expressed this regarding the use of fag/faggot in jokes:

DG3 died?

LOL

note to self: stay on mako's good side

Whenever something of interest happens in Wake sports it always reaffirms there are some really dumb and really weird sports board posters.

Chat Thread: Anti-disabled/homophobic language talk w/ Knight and Creamy

I don't think I've ever hated anyone I knew IRL, although I did attend the 2009 SC GOP Convention as a favor to my friend who was interning for the Lt. Governor at the time and pretty much all of those people can DIAF. Just a gross collection of individuals.

I hope you’re teaching your students this same nuanced view of the world that provides reasonable people the opportunity to disagree.

Last edited:
I don't like having to post a clip of Louis CK, but I'm reminded of this scene from his show that very eloquently expressed this regarding the use of fag/faggot in jokes:

The hard F is a weird one for me, and I tend to relate to the South Park episode the most on it. When I used to use that word, I was referring to an absolute douchebag, such as someone who would loudly ride their Harley through an area of outside neighborhood bars/restaurants. Had nothing to do with homosexuality in the least. But obviously many people did/do use it as a gay slur, so it needed to die off.

I hope you’re teaching your students this same nuanced view of the world that provides reasonable people the opportunity to disagree.

I definitely am. I don’t reveal my political affiliations or convictions at all. I generally just play devil’s advocate like my favorite teacher back in the day, who happens to be a Wake alum.

That being said I do present my view on history, which is that you should always follow the money. Somebody is always making a dollar. Nothing is pure. Everyone has a motive.

Oh, and question everything.

Last edited:

I would guess there were no reasonable people at a SC GOP Convention.

I would guess there were no reasonable people at a SC GOP Convention.

I would guess some percentage of people that attended that convention in ‘09 are voting for Biden and Harrison this year. It’s likely not a large percentage but if the left ever wants to get out of the basement they need to embrace people turned off by the radical fringe.

That’s it for my political discussion on this subject.

I have a hard time putting much faith into certain words just by virtue of the word. You have to look at the intent. Words mean nothing without what we assign to them and language is constantly evolving. You don’t have to look any further than speeches from great civil rights leaders and the UNCF and NAACP.

Plenty of politically correct people that say the right words that would vote to gut food stamps.

I don't need to break anything down. Fact is, I was fucking around, like Knight and I often do. A handful of folks took offense to it and I sure do hate that I offended anyone.

Many here are very sensitive and work to see who can be the wokest SJW on the boards. If you polled 1,000 active users, I'd imagine 90% would agree with me that nothing knight of I have said today should be taken seriously.

Ballin so hard. You're like one of those heroes in a kung fu movie where all the bad guy chodes are coming at you in a line and you're just laying pipe so thick and hot. Just really ramming it home over and over.

Mako getting in runner shape in case he finds a time machine to take him back to circa 2000 so he can have gay sex with D'Angelo since he missed out on it the first time and there are no good looking fit black males in his area on Grindr.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back