• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what BBD is arguing

I am not really arguing that it's illegal for him to say what he says. I was more talking about "free speech" the way Catamount and Joe Rogan take it, that people are free to spout these crazy ideas and any attempt to deplatform is a First Amendment violation.

Sure he has the legal right to say what he wants, but he is not entitled for that speech to be amplified by appearing on a podcast with a huge audience.

Ah great another “constitutional conservative” no one asked for to defend the indefensible and misapply the first amendment.

No one’s saying to lock the guy in jail. That’d be against the first amendment. It’s about podcasts like this one, or other companies exercising their legal rights to not put his bullshit on their platform. Which is not against the first amendment.

its also completely legal for them to allow it on their platform, if you disagree you can always idk not use spotify.

That's not what BBD is arguing

he's not arguing that the speech is illegal

he's arguing that if you're going to trot out the free speech defense you still need to consider the ways it negatively impacts the (potential) offended party, in this case the parents of the Sandy Hook victims

it's still a question of should versus allowed

I am not really arguing that it's illegal for him to say what he says. I was more talking about "free speech" the way Catamount and Joe Rogan take it, that people are free to spout these crazy ideas and any attempt to deplatform is a First Amendment violation.

Sure he has the legal right to say what he wants, but he is not entitled for that speech to be amplified by appearing on a podcast with a huge audience.

He also got his shit sued for Sandy Hook shit so there ya go.

Also it's reallllllllly weird that the Sandy Hook comments were made in 2012 and the media didn't give a single fuck until 2016. Hmmmmmm, wonder why.

Yeah man, but did you know I learned from the JRE podcast with Alex Jones that Global Warming isn't real so now I'm a climate change denier?

You’re too busy thinking about me shirtless to form a coherent thought anyway, bro.

Also it's reallllllllly weird that the Sandy Hook comments were made in 2012 and the media didn't give a single fuck until 2016. Hmmmmmm, wonder why.

"The media" covered his comments before 2016. And he kept making them for years after 2012.

I am not really arguing that it's illegal for him to say what he says.

If you say so, but it sure seemed to me like you were heading in the direction of saying it should be illegal for him to say what he says because it is hurtful to the Sandy Hook parents. If I misinterpreted where you were going with that, my mistake.

Been trying to up my running game, but my feet stay sore. Not to the point I can't run, just generally uncomfortable. I'm on the fence on it will go away the more I run vs I need new shoes.

If you say so, but it sure seemed to me like you were heading in the direction of saying it should be illegal for him to say what he says because it is hurtful to the Sandy Hook parents. If I misinterpreted where you were going with that, my mistake.

I was more talking from the perspective of Rogan deciding to give him a platform. That's why I was focusing on the "mouthpiece/loudspeaker" aspect.

Been trying to up my running game, but my feet stay sore. Not to the point I can't run, just generally uncomfortable. I'm on the fence on it will go away the more I run vs I need new shoes.

Avoiding pavement as much as possible and trying to trail run has really helped my feet and knees.

You’re too busy thinking about me shirtless to form a coherent thought anyway, bro.

It's distracting bro.

We have jobs man, you gotta calm down with all that hawt sweaty running talk. Killing productivity.

Avoiding pavement as much as possible and trying to trail run has really helped my feet and knees.

I've been running on asphalt exclusively. We have a pretty long trail behind the local civic center, I'll give it a shot.

great Twitter account

I heard that a blue whale can open it's anus at least 3.5 feet wide. I guess that's the most of any animal in the world. Other than BBD's mom, ofc.

On Thursday’s my brother and I drop our daughters off at dance class and then sit outside at our local pizza joint and drink beer and eat pizza while our wives stay home and clean up the house. I dread the impending winter when this is no longer an option.

On Thursday’s my brother and I drop our daughters off at dance class and then sit outside at our local pizza joint and drink beer and eat pizza while our wives stay home and clean up the house. I dread the impending winter when this is no longer an option.

I feel like this is what the white male rube wants all of society to return to, yet here it is within their grasp if only Mako would show them how.

The people making death threats should be prosecuted, but any dipshit who wants to deny Sandy Hook (or the Holocaust, or whatever) should have the absolute freedom to do so. The denial of the event doesn't harm anyone, or at least not in a way that our laws may permissibly protect against.

Stop being such a snowflake.

Amazing. That quote is not even saying that thought should be criminal. It sa8d think before you spew irresponsible bs. Inciting crazy assholes is part of what is ruining our country. That you don't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back