• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
funn you mention Rax

lol yeah I just saw that yesterday. we used to go to Rax a lot as a kid. there was one in the parking lot of our grocery store so many Saturdays would be getting lunch there then going grocery shopping for the week. after it closed it became one of those sites that just has one failed restaurant after the other. you name the cuisine, and it's been there -- sushi, Lebanese, Mexican, etc.

I only remember the roast beef sandwiches but seeing that video reminded me their mascot was a gator.

i've actually lost weight since COVID started; I have quite a few silver COVID linings

i've spent more time with my daughters, i've learned to skateboard, made a little dad friend group via D&D and political action, eat better, learned i can work from home 2-3x/week without it being an issue

i've actually lost weight since COVID started; I have quite a few silver COVID linings

i've spent more time with my daughters, i've learned to skateboard, made a little dad friend group via D&D and political action, eat better, learned i can work from home 2-3x/week without it being an issue

I've been terrible about eating, but trying to do better of late. had my annual physical about a month or so ago and I was down about 8 lbs since last year which was shocking to me. but I miss having the Y next to my office.

Best fast food breakfast hangover cure? Go.

I submit

Cajun filet biscuit add egg and cheese
Seasoned Fries
Large Sweet Tea

Wo never even considered adding egg to the Cajun filet. But yes Bojangles is the GOAT hangover cure. I sometimes swap in two egg biscuits for the Cajun filet but either will do it.

I've maybe exercised once since my son was born. And I am definitely eating like dogshit. Can't super see this getting better as winter arrives either, though I guess I can set up the bike trainer.

Yeah dude its been a rough three months on my body. I didn't drink for the first month after he was born because I was #nervous, but I supplemented those missing calories with sugar and other garbage because we were stuck at home all day so who cares, and got into some real bad eating habits. Once I felt comfortable enough to start drinking again, I began having a few pops most nights because why the hell not. Its not like I've been getting wasted at home, but I've definitely been drinking way too much recently, and as I pointed out earlier, eating terribly. I also maybe rode the peloton(we got it back in the Spring and cancelled our gym membership for the same price) or went for a run once a week. Started back on a regular exercise routine last week, now I'm trying to get the diet going again. I could stand to lose like 25-30 lbs now. My body weight can fluctuate wildly, so its time to use that hormone imbalance to lose all this garbage weight I've put on. We also sat down and created a realistic budget with the boy, and realized we could save like $400-500 month by not buying excess booze, snacks or other junk.

I started consciously eating better and exercising in June, and I'm down 30 pounds since, back near my college weight. feels good man

That's awesome man. I need your vibes. I've never felt better than when I lost my final 25-30 lbs the first year out of college.

(for those unaware, I lost about 100 lbs between 20-23 years old)

Last edited:
Well done! Quality of life improves, doesn't it?

you're not wrong

I was never super overweight or anything (probs maxed out at 195ish) but it feels so much better

it's funny the amount of clothes over the last few years that I was convinced had shrunk in the laundry. like no, you just let yrself go a bit dummy

Accountability partners help with all that, and if you can find a workout buddy or group that pushes you, that's the best scenario. My workout times are so fucked because of kids(either 4:30 a.m. or 8:30 p.m.) that I almost always work out alone. I miss the camraderie and competition of having people to workout with.

Yeah dude its been a rough three months on my body. I didn't drink for the first month after he was born because I was #nervous, but I supplemented those missing calories with sugar and other garbage because we were stuck at home all day so who cares, and got into some real bad eating habits. Once I felt comfortable enough to start drinking again, I began having a few pops most nights because why the hell not. Its not like I've been getting wasted at home, but I've definitely been drinking way too much recently, and as I pointed out earlier, eating terribly. I also maybe rode the peloton(we got it back in the Spring and cancelled our gym membership for the same price) or went for a run once a week. Started back on a regular exercise routine last week, now I'm trying to get the diet going again. I could stand to lose like 25-30 lbs now. My body weight can fluctuate wildly, so its time to use that hormone imbalance to lose all this garbage weight I've put on. We also sat down and created a realistic budget with the boy, and realized we could save like $400-500 month by not buying excess booze, snacks or other junk.

I didn't drink at all the last month of the pregnancy cause I wanted to be ready to go at a moment's notice to the hospital, but I've definitely ramped back up. 3 beers goes a long way now with limited sleep and lower tolerance though.

The budgeting thing is interesting since we're really unsure starting in February what our child care options will be like. The safest and honestly most cost effective option is renting my retired mother-in-law a place near us, but she can't necessarily commit full time, so we'd need to supplement with either day care or nanny. Also trying to figure out how much to invest in things like 529 vs saving for a bigger place, etc., etc. We are saving like crazy as an upside of the pandemic. Not eating out 4-5x a week, not going to bars, not going to weddings and/or traveling for fun several times a year all saves quite a lot of money!

Consistent exercise and good diet has been a big silver lining for me being home all the time. Helps a great deal with stress relief too.

I've talked about this before but I've never understood how anyone on these boards can take anything that said by anyone seriously. My persona on these boards versus my actual personality are polar opposites and I assumed that was the case for most everyone here. It's not like knight and I are out there making gay jokes in the real world... Come on people

The pandemic has given me the opportunity to spend more time with my daughter, learn to pick the guitar a little bit, spend more time learning new recipes in the kitchen with my wife and surprisingly cut down on my alcohol intake. I think at this point I'm only a weekend drinker which is a big stepping stone for me.

I've talked about this before but I've never understood how anyone on these boards can take anything that said by anyone seriously. My persona on these boards versus my actual personality are polar opposites and I assumed that was the case for most everyone here. It's not like knight and I are out there making gay jokes in the real world... Come on people

then why the fuck would you do it here

seriously, literally the only thing people here have to go off of when considering "hey, is this guy a bigoted idiot" are the things you type here

it's not the fault of folks reading your posts if they draw those conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back