• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
then why the fuck would you do it here

seriously, literally the only thing people here have to go off of when considering "hey, is this guy a bigoted idiot" are the things you type here

it's not the fault of folks reading your posts if they draw those conclusions

Maybe like five or six posters would ever draw the conclusion that I'm a bigoted idiot because of silly jokes. Most have the reasoning ability to differentiate an online message board persona between reality.

it's weird to me that by the time a person hits 10k-ish posts they're not posting mostly in 'real voice'

having a schtick or some go-to bits is fine but I have a hard time relating to the feeling of "why does anyone take anything seriously on here!?"

I've spent enough time around here that I would hope my fellow posters can understand that it's easy to differentiate when I'm being serious versus just trollin' around

I mean for fucks sake, BBD made a joke comparing knight to a pedophile a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that's a lot worse than calling someone gay or a retard.

The double standards around here are real but definitely not surprising.

I've talked about this before but I've never understood how anyone on these boards can take anything that said by anyone seriously. My persona on these boards versus my actual personality are polar opposites and I assumed that was the case for most everyone here. It's not like knight and I are out there making gay jokes in the real world... Come on people

You're thinking of it, and typing it, and defending it. i have a hard time buying that this isn't genuinely you.

I've maybe exercised once since my son was born. And I am definitely eating like dogshit. Can't super see this getting better as winter arrives either, though I guess I can set up the bike trainer.

Welcome to dadbod

DD and Juice were talking trash to me while I had COVID. but I'm able to recognize this is a message board and why should I give a hoot about either of their opinions or views on my situation?

You're thinking of it, and typing it, and defending it. i have a hard time buying that this isn't genuinely you.

No, it's more the fact that my gay friends and gay family members aren't as sensitive about the word gay then the general poster around here.

Retard is insensitive but it's a word that was thrown around when we were all growing up and it's loosely used on these boards as a joke. Some people take offense to it and that's OK.

Maybe like five or six posters would ever draw the conclusion that I'm a bigoted idiot because of silly jokes. Most have the reasoning ability to differentiate an online message board persona between reality.

since you voted for trump in 2016 you're most certainly an idiot

So whats your opinion on BBD analyzing Knights profession and hinting at him being pedophiliac? What about when my entire family had COVID because I brought it home from work and you had guys like Juice and DD taking pot shots at me?

I guess that's all fair, right?

I mean for fucks sake, BBD made a joke comparing knight to a pedophile a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that's a lot worse than calling someone gay or a retard.

People called me out for it and I realized I was wrong and deleted the post. I didn’t dig my heels in and defend my right to joke about that.

So whats your opinion on BBD analyzing Knights profession and hinting at him being pedophiliac? What about when my entire family had COVID because I brought it home from work and you had guys like Juice and DD taking pot shots at me?

I think the difference is that Juice and DD haven't tried to disown those "pot shots" and argue that they're not reflective of their actual thoughts

It's obviously wrong to call someone a retard but not nearly as harmful as your comment to Knight. It's also not real life, like it was when Juice and DD took shots at me when I had COVID. Not everyone can sit at home and beat off for the past 10 months. I'm in a public facing job and to keep a roof over my head and food on the table, I had to put myself at risk of catching it.

The hypocrisy around here never fails to amaze me.

lol what?

are you talking about when I was give District shit for being a self-righteous asshole?

it was shitty.

people are just saying 'hey, we're all friends here and saying 'gay' and 'retarded' is not cool."

maybe it's cool in your other circles but not here. if you want to stick with it, fine but you're going to catch flack and appear to be an insensitive shithead. Maybe it's strange or lame to you to think of this as a real place with real people, but lots of other people treat it differently

BBD read the legitimate criticisms of his fucked up insinuation and deleted it and apologized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back