• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obviously wrong to call someone a retard but not nearly as harmful as your comment to Knight. It's also not real life, like it was when Juice and DD took shots at me when I had COVID. Not everyone can sit at home and beat off for the past 10 months. I'm in a public facing job and to keep a roof over my head and food on the table, I had to put myself at risk of catching it.

The hypocrisy around here never fails to amaze me.

Yeah, I work in a hospital. Everyone knows DD is an asshole, he gets called out on it all the time. I didn't see where Juice took shots at you.

people are just saying 'hey, we're all friends here and saying 'gay' and 'retarded' is not cool."

maybe it's cool in your other circles but not here. if you want to stick with it, fine but you're going to catch flack and appear to be an insensitive shithead. Maybe it's strange or lame to you to think of this as a real place with real people, but lots of other people treat it differently

well said

I guess i just don't understand the whole "i wouldn't be offensive in real life but it's ok here" defense.

You clearly think it's ok, even funny. Just because you wouldn't *say* it in public doesn't make me believe what you do here is an act.

It's a shitty phrase that doesn't need to be said. Knight says it to provoke exactly the response he got. Not sure why you defend it.

I feel that I need to clarify that when I talked about wanting to have sex with a circa 2000 D'angelo in the last chat thread, I was not making a gay joke. I legitimately would have sex with a circa 2000 D'angelo.

it was shitty.

people are just saying 'hey, we're all friends here and saying 'gay' and 'retarded' is not cool."

maybe it's cool in your other circles but not here. if you want to stick with it, fine but you're going to catch flack and appear to be an insensitive shithead. Maybe it's strange or lame to you to think of this as a real place with real people, but lots of other people treat it differently

Good post. That just about sums up the situation.

I feel that I need to clarify that when I talked about wanting to have sex with a circa 2000 D'angelo in the last chat thread, I was not making a gay joke. I legitimately would have sex with a circa 2000 D'angelo.

and we got that because it was clear you weren't using gay in a way that is synonymous with dumb or stupid or weird

Good, so what do I need to apologize for? Calling y'all gay snowflakes? Obviously that's a joke but for anyone I offended, my apologies.

I don't think you need to apologize. Do whatever you want.

Personally, I'd encourage you to think about why you think it's funny or cool to say things that a group of people (no matter how small) finds offensive.

Good, so what do I need to apologize for? Calling y'all gay snowflakes? Obviously that's a joke but for anyone I offended, my apologies.

why do you think calling people "gay snowflakes" works as a joke, though? like maybe break down the "joke" a bit

I think you'll find that the only way it works as humor is if there's an agreement between you and the person you're saying it to that it's funny to be gay

and even then, it's a lazy fucking joke with no actual structure or punchline, but that's more of a criticism of your sense of humor than your taste

Personally, I'd encourage you to think about why you think it's funny or cool to say things that a group of people (no matter how small) finds offensive.

Geez, what a self righteous prick.

or more precisely phrased, this

Mario Lopez and Paul Rudd must visit the same fountain of youth

It’s honestly wild how well some people age, particularly celebrities.

Sam Jackson is 71gd years old

c072307e3959b6017745a7aff32705b6.jpg

Hard R's are pretty messed up fellas. You drop one of those in decent company these days and you will get rightly some looks and hopefully some judgement. It is a slur. Just like calling someone a hard F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back