• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYT Quiz: Biden Fridge or Trump Fridge (Yes this is a real thing)

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
(I got 9/10 right)
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/27/upshot/biden-trump-poll-quiz.html
Quiz: Can You Tell a ‘Trump’ Fridge From a ‘Biden’ Fridge?
By John KeefeOct. 27, 2020

“MAGA” hat? Easy: Trump supporter. A Biden-Harris tote is also an obvious giveaway.

But Coffee mate? Loose eggs?

We wondered if it was possible to identify Trump and Biden voters based on what's inside their refrigerators, on the theory it might say something about our similarities and our assumptions about one another. So we teamed up with Lucid, an online survey platform, to ask a representative sample of U.S. residents whom they’re planning to vote for — and whether they'd open their refrigerators and take a picture of the contents. Hundreds did.

Peer inside and see if you can tell.

I gave it a go and was sitting at 50% correct. I had to stop because I can't believe some people let their fridge get so fucking disguising.

pet peeves and all

On a semi-related note - do you think Trump has ever cooked anything on a stove or grill?

I like that the AI makes you help train it

It forces you into making shitty assumptions. The dirty minifridge with the open monster energy drink? Yup, thats a Trump fridge. Almond milk? Biden fridge.

On a semi-related note - do you think Trump has ever cooked anything on a stove or grill?

no, he keeps his illegals in a closet for when he is hungry and need to run to McDonalds or needs a diet coke. they take care of it.

It forces you into making shitty assumptions. The dirty minifridge with the open monster energy drink? Yup, thats a Trump fridge. Almond milk? Biden fridge.

...but are those you listed really shitty assumptions?

interesting, i was looking at it differently. packed fridges, like a big family of kids, i put trump. it there wasn't a lot or it had a lot of healthy expensive foods, biden. the dirty ones i guessed and missed a lot.

71% (22/31)

Pretty much if it has the condiments of a 7 year old (ketchup, sweet baby rays, ranch and honey mustard), then it's Trump's. Not sure if that's him, Baron or both. Also, unlike Trump, Biden's wife isn't trying to kill him with garbage. Usually at least some sort of cottage cheese, grapefruit or other things normal elderly people eat.

I also missed a few because there was alcohol in the fridge and Trump doesn't drink.

Last edited:
71% (22/31)

Pretty much if it has the condiments of a 7 year old (ketchup, sweet baby rays, ranch and honey mustard), then it's Trump's. Not sure if that's him, Baron or both. Also, unlike Trump, Biden's wife isn't trying to kill him with garbage. Usually at least some sort of cottage cheese, grapefruit or other things normal elderly people eat.

I also missed a few because there was alcohol in the fridge and Trump doesn't drink.

these are supporters' fridges

these are supporters' fridges

Yeah, I'd definitely make assumptions based on Budweiser v. craft beer or white wine. I laughed because my fridge so fits that stereotype: leftover shrimp and roasted veggies, a few IPAs, club soda, diet pepsi, and the condiments include dijon mustard, sriracha, fish sauce, bruised chili w/ garlic, black bean with garlic sauce and Ken's lite caesar salad dressing. After tomorrow night, it'll include leftover salmon and salad.

I kept looking for Sriracha because those are but hurt Bernie bros forced to vote for biden. And me.

It'd be cool if the NY Times was using this amusing diversion as a way to make a point about existing biases in the data sets used to train AIs and how that can have consequences for the outputs of programs that use that AI

I wonder whether my literal 30 bottles of hot sauce would read as Trump or Biden

Reveal your fridge, fellow deacs?

Ready for Election Day.

156bd07a9a0dff1fec99ad6c13e32b27.jpg

without looking - are loose eggs a biden thing or a trump thing? am i supposed to take them out of the structured container that i can stack?

Back