• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson QB Lawrence tests positive

Not at all. Those who are high risk should continue to take precautions. Stay away from college parties and football players, for instance. I don’t wish the illness on anyone. But at the end of they day until (if) there is a vaccine the virus will spread and man cannot stop that from happening. Apologies that my post was flippant - whiskey involved - but college kids catching covid is a non-story.

What an asshole post. Everyone “high risk” hide in a cave because I don’t feel like wearing a mask. And because I can’t give even the smallest amount of personal effort to help matters, I’ll kick the can down the road until someone else does all the work to solve the problem for me.

1. Everyone should continue to take precautions. Everyone.

2. Man cannot 100% stop the spread of anything. But they can sure as shit slow it way the fuck down by everyone taking precautions. See point 1.

What an asshole post. Everyone “high risk” hide in a cave because I don’t feel like wearing a mask. And because I can’t give even the smallest amount of personal effort to help matters, I’ll kick the can down the road until someone else does all the work to solve the problem for me.

1. Everyone should continue to take precautions. Everyone.

2. Man cannot 100% stop the spread of anything. But they can sure as shit slow it way the fuck down by everyone taking precautions. See point 1.

It’s actually a great post. Some of my finest work. You certainly interpolated the shit out of it though. Incorrectly for the most part. For instance, have i used the word mask and whether they should be worn anywhere on this thread?

Riddle me this champ, what happens if we don’t get a vaccine or it proves to only work for a few months. Do we keep colleges on-line in perpetuity and declare college sports forever canceled? Of course not.

He's saying that, in two weeks, you've gone from stating we'd be lucky to win more than 1 game, to saying we have a decent/good shot against a top 5/10 team. As a constantly negative poster and leader of the MFF movement, your wild change of tone deserved to be called out, just as Pilch's wild defensive hype did after the first 2 games.

No. I said we had a better chance to beat ND in December. Which basically is going from 0 to 10-15%. But you do you.

Sig,

Post here and accept that people will call you out when they can; you don't hesitate on that front, which is expected. After the State game, when WF had lost to #1 Clemson and at State by 3, there was a group, Sig included, that pushed the position that WF would only beat Campbell and go winless (0-10) in the ACC. After six years, seemed like Clawson had built enough cred to not have to deal with such extreme negativity from our fanbase. Fair to point that out now.

Last edited:
We should take this to one of the COVID threads on the tunnels or Pit, unless the comment is directly related to Lawrence. I'd be curious to see how Dillon Fence is received on the Tunnels with his scorching hot COVID takes.

It’s actually a great post. Some of my finest work. You certainly interpolated the shit out of it though. Incorrectly for the most part. For instance, have i used the word mask and whether they should be worn anywhere on this thread?

Riddle me this champ, what happens if we don’t get a vaccine or it proves to only work for a few months. Do we keep colleges on-line in perpetuity and declare college sports forever canceled? Of course not.

Your ideas happen to overlap with the “shrug, herd immunity” covid giveupper mindset. Sorry to assume you believe all their other maskless bullshit. But you’re still just waving away community transmission risk, lifetime complications and the like in order to serve whatever strategy that keeps college sports going. Priorities. We could do more to stop the spread but muh footbawl.

I said at the beginning of the season that our floor was 4 wins...I stood by that after starting 0-2 and watching our putrid defense against NC State. I said our ceiling was 7 wins.

I stick by both but would set the o/u at 5.5

INTERPOLATE THIS, CHAMP!

Your ideas happen to overlap with the “shrug, herd immunity” covid giveupper mindset. Sorry to assume you believe all their other maskless bullshit. But you’re still just waving away community transmission risk, lifetime complications and the like in order to serve whatever strategy that keeps college sports going. Priorities. We could do more to stop the spread but muh footbawl.

To the extent that college football is symbolic with the need to resume normal life
for those who are not in a high risk group as soon as possible then sure, put me in that camp.

Not at all. Those who are high risk should continue to take precautions. Stay away from college parties and football players, for instance. I don’t wish the illness on anyone. But at the end of they day until (if) there is a vaccine the virus will spread and man cannot stop that from happening. Apologies that my post was flippant - whiskey involved - but college kids catching covid is a non-story.

With Halloween on a Saturday, I wonder if there will be any off campus, un-sanctioned parties this weekend?

Is there? 10 day isolation I believe. Did he isolate today? If he did, the 10th day is next Saturday. Are you able to come out of isolation on day #10, or do you have to wait till #11?

Just think--the Big Ten has a mandatory 21 day isolation. The Wiscy QB will be missing the cancelled game this weekend with Nebraska and also next week's Purdue game & probably the Michigan game. Coach Chryst only has to miss 10 days so he could be back for Purdue.

So does Lawrence have Covid-19 because he plays football?

Or because he’s a college student?

I still don't understand why ND was able to move their game against the Deacs when other teams just have to play through it

You ever consider that maybe Wake Forest had a hand in the decision also? We might have played a part in this because with the game being moved back to Winston-Salem and the game in September, we were still at 0 fans because of Governor Cooper. However by moving the game at the time to December there would be a chance for a much larger crowd AND of course more money to be made with more tickets sold. At least that was a possibility I was looking at.

Clemson v. BC line moved from Tigers favored by 31 down to 24 (the total also dropped 3.5 points). Not sure if either adjustment is sufficient. The Clemson backup QBs have been unimpressive so far. Clemson will beat BC, but not sure how easy it will be.

Clemson v. BC line moved from Tigers favored by 31 down to 24 (the total also dropped 3.5 points). Not sure if either adjustment is sufficient. The Clemson backup QBs have been unimpressive so far. Clemson will beat BC, but not sure how easy it will be.

I think Clemson will win by 20 if they just run the ball.

Thanks, i had no idea that more people had died this year until you posted this. You do realize that the 25-44 spike is mainly due to overdose and suicide, right?

Is this Hannity or Laura? So, since you say everyone is going to get it, I assume you are on the herd immunity/Atlas/moron bandwagon. Just brilliant. And what was your major at WFU?

Is this Hannity or Laura? So, since you say everyone is going to get it, I assume you are on the herd immunity/Atlas/moron bandwagon. Just brilliant. And what was your major at WFU?

perhaps you could make an intelligent rebuttal instead of the name calling and continually sighting fox news. What does Fox news have to do with any of this? geez

Back