• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ UNCCH Nov. 14, 2020

Agreed. If you don't "toe the line" there, feces get piled on top of you.

Screw UNC. Their O scares me. I know Wake can hang but my question is, can the D slow them down just enough. Can we keep them from scoring 40+?

40 points is how much we've allowed in the last 10 quarters and that includes a garbage TD up 31 last week. Yes we can keep them from scoring 40+. UNC lost to FSU and UVA. Come on. If we beat them, UNC will be another crap 3 loss ACC team like VT, State, and BC. And if we lose to them, we will be too. And deservedly so.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Coach Clawson had a good record coming off a bye week?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Coach Clawson had a good record coming off a bye week?

Believe it’s the opposite. We rarely do well coming off of byes. Think we had our first win coming off a bye under Clawson last season.

I like our QB better than theirs and believe that he gives WF an edge without all the flash.

I like our QB better than theirs and believe that he gives WF an edge without all the flash.

Howell can connect on the deep ball. Hartman has 0 turnovers. One thing's for sure, the commentators will keep mixing up their last names.

Holy cow wake is up to 13th in the Sagarin ratings

Howell is really good. He's a future first round draft pick IMO. They have two excellent running backs and at least one elite receiver. But the line isn't great, and the defense is average at best. I think we're getting better every week and I'm excited about the progress our defense has made, especially the DBs. But I see UNC as a 7 point favorite in this game. I was very surprised by the opening line.

Howell is really good. He's a future first round draft pick IMO. They have two excellent running backs and at least one elite receiver. But the line isn't great, and the defense is average at best. I think we're getting better every week and I'm excited about the progress our defense has made, especially the DBs. But I see UNC as a 7 point favorite in this game. I was very surprised by the opening line.

Sounds a lot like Wake. Hartman may not be a first round pick but he's a damn good QB. We have 2 excellent running backs and a number of really good receivers. Donovan Greene has the potential to be elite and Roberson is an excellent "go-to" receivers. Our defense is looking better every week. I think we can beat UNC and not even consider it an upset.

UNC is favored by 12. Total is 66.5.

looking forward to the jags trading up to take howell at #3 and him then sucking for all time

Their offense is elite. UNC is 6th in the country in yards per play (and two of the teams ahead of them have played 2 or fewer teams). In their last 4 games, UNC has scored 56 (against VT), 28 (against FSU and gained over 500 yards), 48 (against State) and 41 (against UVA). UNC is 2nd in the ACC in scoring, 1st in total offense (532 ppg), 3rd in rushing, 2nd in passing. UNC two leading rushers are on pace for 1,000 yard season and are averaging 7.8 ypc (Michael Carter) and 6.5 (Javonte Williams). UNC also has the #1 receiver in the conference, Dyami Brown, who is averaging 107 ypg and has 6 TDs. Sam Howell (who is a bit overrated IMO) is 1st in the ACC in passing efficiency. So, their offense is explosive.

UNC's defense has been spotty. Some of their stats are skewed by the Cuse game where they held them to 6, but they have given an average of over 35 ppg over the last 4 games. Also, if the game is close, UNC kicker is 6 for 11 on FGs, and they are last in the ACC in net punting. So, their special team aren't very special.

Will be a tough game, but definitely winnable.

I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Pilchard again.

We have to change offensive tempo like a baseball pitcher. It should throw Carolina's D off balance. And prevent big plays by Carolina on offense.

Believe it’s the opposite. We rarely do well coming off of byes. Think we had our first win coming off a bye under Clawson last season.

Correct.

Record after off weeks is always a misleading stat. The most-common misconception is that teams spend twice as much time game-planning for an opponent; while that might be true for coaching staff, the players might get one extra practice with scout team sessions, that's it. Wake typically doesn't start implementing game plan for the next opponent until Thursday or Friday of an off week -- Clawson's way of not overloading the players and mentally taxing them.

Clawson after off weeks 2014-midway through 2019: 0-7
Clawson after off weeks since midway through 2019: 3-0 (N.C. State last year, Campbell and UVA this year)

Scraped from last year's story going into the N.C. State game:

Off weeks aren’t the massive advantage they’re thought to be – teams are 65-73 in games following off weeks this season, per teamrankings.com.

Carolina now heading towards 2 TDs. Wake is not exactly a bettor's darling, but perhaps that will change with continued success.

WF at UNC will be televised on the ACCN (the game was subject to a 6 day hold as to whether it would be on an ESPN channel or ACCN)

Also, WF at Duke is now set for noon on November 21, again on the ACCN.

Here is the conference TV schedule for November 20-21:

Friday, Nov. 20
Syracuse at Louisville, 7 p.m., ESPN (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 21
Clemson at Florida State, Noon, ABC
Wake Forest at Duke, Noon, ACC Network
Virginia Tech at Pitt, 4 p.m., ACC Network
Abilene Christian at Virginia, 4 p.m., RSN
Liberty at NC State, 7:30 p.m., RSN
Georgia Tech at Miami, 8 p.m., ACC Network

WF at UNC will be televised on the ACCN (the game was subject to a 6 day hold as to whether it would be on an ESPN channel or ACCN)

Also, WF at Duke is now set for noon on November 21, again on the ACCN.

Here is the conference TV schedule for November 20-21:

Friday, Nov. 20
Syracuse at Louisville, 7 p.m., ESPN (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 21
Clemson at Florida State, Noon, ABC
Wake Forest at Duke, Noon, ACC Network
Virginia Tech at Pitt, 4 p.m., ACC Network
Abilene Christian at Virginia, 4 p.m., RSN
Liberty at NC State, 7:30 p.m., RSN
Georgia Tech at Miami, 8 p.m., ACC Network

Abilene Christian is an FCS school that just lost to a Division II school, some dude from the DII school got a helmet sticker on Gameday final on ESPN. Liberty will be going for a 3-0 record against the ACC against the Pack, unfortunately Liberty is not eligible for the ACC title game.

Back